Recommended plugin for Firebase Remote Config

Hi there,

What is the current recommended plugin for Firebase Remote Config? A while back @capacitor-community/firebase-remote-config was recommended but since than the project was neglected for almost a year and half. Needless to say it doesn’t support capacitor 3.x

Thanks for the help!
mic.

@mic2 Any update on this. It’s been a while even i see @capacitor-community/firebase-remote-config is not yet released any new version. Did you chose any alternative for this plugin?

Feel free to give @capacitor-firebase/remote-config a try.

1 Like

We too switched to Cap Awsome. See the page on dev library on withgoogle

1 Like

@mic2 @robingenz Thank You

@robingenz This might be out of the topic for this post. When I tried to install @capacitor-firebase/remote-config and do npx sync ios. Getting below error. This looks more like my capacitor-community plugins use 1 version of Firebase core and remote-config uses 10.x of Firebase core. I tried deleting the pod file and running pod install --repo-update. Still got this error. Any idea on this?

[!] CocoaPods could not find compatible versions for pod "FirebaseCore":
  In Podfile:
    CapacitorCommunityFirebaseCrashlytics (from `../../node_modules/@capacitor-community/firebase-crashlytics`) was resolved to 3.0.0, which depends on
      Firebase/Crashlytics (= 8.12.1) was resolved to 8.12.1, which depends on
        Firebase/CoreOnly (= 8.12.1) was resolved to 8.12.1, which depends on
          FirebaseCore (= 8.12.1)

CapacitorCommunityFirebaseCrashlytics (from `../../node_modules/@capacitor-community/firebase-crashlytics`) was resolved to 3.0.0, which depends on
      Firebase/Crashlytics (= 8.12.1) was resolved to 8.12.1, which depends on
        FirebaseCrashlytics (~> 8.12.0) was resolved to 8.12.0, which depends on
          FirebaseCore (~> 8.0)

CapacitorFirebaseRemoteConfig (from `../../node_modules/@capacitor-firebase/remote-config`) was resolved to 5.0.1, which depends on
      FirebaseRemoteConfig (= 10.8.0) was resolved to 10.8.0, which depends on
        FirebaseCore (~> 10.0)

Yes, both plugins use different Firebase SDK versions. Use Capacitor Firebase Crashlytics Plugin - Capawesome instead.

ok. Thank You got a similar issue updated here. bug: iOS build failed with `No such module 'FirebaseCore'` · Issue #353 · capawesome-team/capacitor-firebase · GitHub

If you switch to Capawesome, I’d advise to change all the Firebase plugins to it. This would save you various headaches, including the one you mentioned.

In general, we always want to use a library the way it was meant to be used.

Take care and enjoy the upcoming weekend :blush:
Mic.