Just a few days ago I started researching hybrid app development and came across ionic. It seems to be a great tool, but I guess I just don’t fully understand how hybrid app development works (I’m very new to development in general) and what all of my options are. Below are a few questions I have.
2. What would be the best framework for what I described above? I assume ionic would be able to handle this, but Famo.us apparently handles animations and dynamic content better.
3. How does developing a hybrid app soley with ionic differ from using an app making platform such as Appery.io? Appery seems like it’s a lot easier to use than just ionic, but do platforms like this have a lot of limitations compared to HTML frameworks? And I am aware that Appery comes with ionic built in, but I would probably use a different platform due to how expensive Appery is - I was just using it as an example.
4. Do I even need to build a website before using ionic, or do I use ionic to build the website?
5. Is there a difference between the ionic framework and the ionic SDK, as there are two different websites?
6. On the ionic documentation overview page, I see there is an option to download ionic, yet everything else I’ve seen says to install Node.js and use commands to download ionic with Cordova. Or are both options basically the same with the download option making you have to place the files in the required locations manually? I already installed Node.js, and ionic with Cordova using commands by the way, just wondering if there is an important difference.
I know that’s a lot to answer and I may seem like I didn’t quite pass evolution ( ), but I guess I get a little lost when it seems like there are so many options out there and you’re not sure which to choose and why.