Push Notification contest

Have you successfully implemented the Push Notification Plugin ?
You may be eligible to participate to the Notifica-thon!

OK, that’s a shameless attempt to get somebody’s attention, and I’ll send if needed a Tshirt to the first person who helps me fix my push notification problem :smile:

OK, I have integrated the PushPlugin with Cordova 4.3.0 and it works fine on iOS and mostly fine on Android

I only fail to receive notifications when the Android phone is in screen lock mode (all other cases such as app not loaded, app in background, … , work fine)
I can actually receive the notifications during the fist 30 seconds the phone has switched to screen lock, but after 30 seconds the notifications don’t get through

Any idea on what to try next?

Don’t hesitate to PM me if you believe you’re the winner of the notifica-thon!

you mean the little icon (and sound) does not appear in the top notification bar? or that a hypothetical function in your app that you programmed to detect and react to the push notification does not run in screen-lock mode?

I get no icon and no sound in the notification bar when in screenlock.

(I do get icon and sound when the app is either in background or not loaded, and when app is open notification is handled by the app but that’s expected behavior)

your gonna have to provide more info to get help : what (phone) are you running this on. what version of cordova are you using…

Verify your Cordova-Android platform version with this command:
cordova platform version android

This is weird because it’s not the app that puts the icon there and makes the sound… but BTW if your using the power management plugin also you’ll have to use the “localnotification” plugin to make the notifications… You did not mention this but its just an example that other plugins and your general app-setup might f*ckup the push notifications… sop the more info you provide the more help you’ll be able to get.

Thanks Boltex,

Let me add that I tested with PushWoosh plugin on the same phones with the same plugins installed, and I could receive the push notifications when the phone was screen locked!

your answers :
I tested on

• Samsung galaxy S2 with Cyanogenmod Android 4.4.4
  • Samsung Galaxy S4 (don’t remember Android version but >4.2)

Cordova android version : android 4.0.0-dev, browser 3.5.2
Cordova 4.3.0

I’m not using power mgmt plugin.
Plugins I use :

android.support.v4 21.0.1 "Android Support v4"
com.dooble.audiotoggle 1.0.0 "AudioToggle"
com.google.playservices 21.0.0 "Google Play Services for Android"
com.ionic.keyboard 1.0.4 "Keyboard"
com.phonegap.plugins.PushPlugin 2.5.0 "PushPlugin"
cordova-plugin-crosswalk-webview 1.0.1-dev "Crosswalk WebView Engine"
cordova-plugin-google-analytics 0.8.0 "Google Universal Analytics Plugin"
cordova-plugin-whitelist 1.0.0 "Whitelist"