Popover not appearing (maybe position problem)

When I display the popover it will most of the time display in the correct position, but at some point it will stop displaying at all. I have it appearing from a menu button. I press the menu button and it acts like nothing happens. It’s pretty standard code for the popover. What I believe is happening it that it’s displaying offscreen. The reason I believe this is that in the popover when i console log messages are processing:

ionViewWillEnter and ionViewDidLoad

Also when I click the screen it’s processing:

ionViewWillUnload and ionViewWillLeave

So even though I can’t see the popup it acts like it appeared and clicking anywhere acts like it’s going away.

So why is the position of a popup not correct - if position is the problem? Why is it initially correct then stops being correct? Can I fix the position and size of the popup as a potential solution?

As further evidence that it’s something wrong with the popup position is that sometimes it will appear half on the screen and half off.

<button ion-button icon-only (click)="openPopover($event)">
    		<ion-icon name="more"></ion-icon>
  	</button>

let popover = this.popoverCtrl.create(HomeMenuPage);
    popover.present({
        ev: myEvent
    });

someone in github sad:
" finally,i find i included bootstrap.css in my project ,the bootstrap also have popover css compent,and .popover is display:none default,so it’s overide ionic css .popover display: block value,so my popover is not shown ,so how about i should deal with ionic vs bootstrap css conflict?"

In my case i just didnt put the popover component in the entryComponent section in my shared module. i didn’t get an error until I restarted the server