Phone Dialer with Wait or Pause not working on android device

Hi

I have written ionic application where user clicks on a button to open a native phone dialer application with predefined number. This number includes dialing extension using pauses and / or waits.

When application is installed on the real android device (I have not tested it on ios), android just ignores all pauses / waits and all the digits after pauses and only dials first number (before pauses or waits).

I have tried many combinations to see if any of them works without any success. Need help in figuring out whats wrong with my code.

<a href="tel:1234,,5678">link</a>

<a href="tel:1234,,5678">link</a> 

<a href="tel:1234pp5678">link</a> 

<a href="tel:1234.,.,.5678">link</a> 

<a href="tel:1234.p.p.5678">link</a> 

<a href="tel:1234',,'5678">link</a> 

<a href="tel:1234'pp'5678">link</a> 

The code that dials a number is as follows

<ion-view title="Playlist">
  <ion-content class="has-header">
      <a class="item item-icon-left" href="{{phone.number}}">
          <i class="icon ion-ios7-telephone"></i>
          Call Cell
          <p>{{phone.number}}</p>
      </a>
  </ion-content>
</ion-view>

Android version on the phone is 4.3

Hmm, odd, the comma’s should do the trick. I haven’t looked too much into this, but you could also try

window.open('tel:'+PhoneNumber);```

Or try this

615.123.4567 Ext:123

Great. Thanks for the reply. Will try it and update the forum accordingly.

Hi,

I tried both the options and unfortunately both did not work. When Android dialer window opened, it still ignored any digit after pause.

I could not find any example online with Ionic code dialing number with an extension, is there a way Ionic team can try some options and post a solution?

Thanks

I am facing same problem too. Could you please let me know if there is any workaround now?

@saurabh have you figured out any solution or work around here?

Did you manage to find a solution?