I’m new to this platform and I’m looking to better understand a few points. I’m developing and iOS app and running OSX ElCapitan.
What I’ve done so far:
- Installed node.js, cordova, angular, phone gap, bower, grunt, yo and generator-ionic from npm
- Created new dir for project and ran
yo ionicto generate a template
grunt serveto get the local server running and the generated template to render in browser.
Where I’m confused:
- How will this app run once it’s delivered to clients from the app store. When developing for Android I just uploaded an executable to google play (my app doesn’t require any server interaction, all the functionality is local to the phone).
- I read on the ionic framework page that building and serving an app was done with
ionic build ios,
ionic emulate iosand
ionic serve. Is using
grunt serveany different? I ask this because the tutorial video I was watching was building for android, is it different for iOS?
- What is the best way to test the app? Can it be run in Xcode’s iOS emulator? Should it be tested in browser?
Thank you for helping, Happy New Year!!