New PhoneGap Developer App - a MUST have

PhoneGap have announced there new Developer App see the official link from Adobe and also article by Holly

http://phonegap.com/blog/2014/04/23/phonegap-developer-app/

http://devgirl.org/2014/04/22/introducing-the-phonegap-developer-app

This really is a great tool for speeding up dev

enjoy
Darren

7 Likes

very good!!! This really is a great tool for speeding up dev

This looks pretty interesting, I usually use python to start a webserver in the /www directory for testing which has the downside of no access to the Cordova APIs.

Finally something to replace god awful Ripple. It doesn’t mention this explicitly anywhere (at least I can’t find it) but did anyone see/know if this will support non-official plugins or at least fail gracefully?

1 Like

Wow, that looks very nice. Mobile dev is getting more and more fun.

How does it work with Cordova plugins?

from what i read, i think there is going to be a challenge using it with third party plugins, that is why my excitement is limited at this point

Yup, after some tinkering this does not work with third-party plugins. Bummer summer 2014.

To be honest, without plugin support this isn’t really impressive or useful

1 Like

Come on guys, don’t be that negative :smile:

As they mentioned, they made a very early release to make us try. For plugins it seems that it is in the plan, we just have to be a little bit patient

Can we use it with ionic ?

yes and works very well

How did you test Ionic with Phonegap Developer App? :slight_smile:

For anyone that stumbled across this but didn’t find an answer on how to run it, it’s simple once you realize how to do it. Just run ionic serve and then point your phonegap developer app to IP.ADDR.OF.SERVER:PORT

I find it in ionic serve,when i every saved change can not automatically update,only open the phonegap developer appwill update, then i use phonegap serve all right.

Hi all, thanks for the info. Been using the PhoneGap Dev App successfully with “ionic serve”, but just wondering if anyone has managed stop the ios status bar from overlapping the screen?

$cordovaStatusbar.hide(); doesn’t seem to do the trick.

Also, the 3 and 4 finger taps don’t seem to register so currently have to re-launch the dev app on my iphone each time I make a change which isn’t ideal. Anyone run into similar issues or no of a way around it?

Thanks

Hey,

Seems not to work for me. I run ionic serve from my project and I point the Phonegap Developer App to my server IP with the port, but I get a Timeout error.

Anyone has this too?

Does it work in the browser when you use ionic serve?
If it is, but just not working from your phone, make sure you’re on the same wifi network.
Also, if you have relevant permissions, check that there are no firewall or router rules in place that may be stopping it.

Please ensure that under the same route

Create folder .cordova in the app root and run command: phonegap serve

2 Likes