Navbar under status bar

Guys,

I’m new to Ionic. My navbar is under the statusbar, a problem that has been reported a couple of times here. Here’s what I found and what didn’t work:

• Add statusbar plugin: Throws an error when I try “ionic build ios”
    The following build commands failed: CompileC build/healthcare.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/healthcare.build/Objects-normal/i386/CDVStatusBar.o healthcare/Plugins/org.apache.cordova.statusbar/CDVStatusBar.m normal i386 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler (1 failure) Error: /Users/ched/healthcare/platforms/ios/cordova/build: Command failed with exit code 65 at ChildProcess.whenDone (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/cordova/node_modules/cordova-lib/src/cordova/superspawn.js:135:23) at ChildProcess.EventEmitter.emit (events.js:98:17) at maybeClose (child_process.js:743:16) at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (child_process.js:810:5)
  • Installed the seed project from the CLI, to see if it’s working there
  • Seed projects (ionic start myproject tabs, ionic start myproject sidemenu) don’t have statusbar plugin either
  • But installation of it works
  • However, if I open my project in the Phonegap app on both iOS 8 and iOS 7, it appears as if the app would be in fullscreen mode (I can’t see any statusbar)
  • Super dirty things like setting padding-top to the sidemenu etc didn’t work either

Can anyone please give me a hint?

I wanted to include a codepen, but even if I completely replace my code with the one from http://codepen.io/perrygovier/pen/cazjd for instance, the problem appears. So doesn’t look like my code is the problem.

Ionic 1.0.0-beta.13
iOS SDK 8.1

Forgot: It works in the emulator.

Can nobody help me? :frowning:

I haven’t had this problem so I’m just going to throw some things out there that you can try, not sure if any of it will work but it’s worth a shot:

• Set fullscreen to false in your config file

<preference name="fullscreen" value="false" />

• Remove all plugins, delete the ios.json file in your plugins folder and re-add the plugins, then remove and re-add the platform

• Make sure all the plugins you have directories for (under the plugins folder) are the same ones installed on the project

ionic plugin list

Thanks for your help and answer, unfortunately that didn’t work either. I don’t get it, as pointed out above I don’t think it’s my code.

Maybe it’s related to iOS build fails after plugin installation. Still I don’t have any clue why or how.

Apparently it isn’t related to the other problem linked to above, as that is resolved :(.

I think I found the solution:

Sorry, was kind of stupid: I’m using the phone gap app (http://app.phonegap.com), I assume the device plugin doesn’t detect ios and for that reason ionic doesn’t add the top padding. The issue is described here: New PhoneGap Developer App - a MUST have.

Ched, did you solve it with that thread?

Not sure if I understand your question: jep, it’s solved now, as described above.