MusicControls changing audio title to source url and default image on IOS

I’m using WebAudio in my Ionic 3 app…I’ve got the MusicControls plugin working great in Android, and after a couple of extra steps not mentioned anywhere in the docs I got it working in IOS 10+.

Problem now is each time there’s a play/pause event, the lock screen music controls as well as the pull up tray controls switch the thumbnail image to a defualt IOS music note icon, and changes the current song title to the source url of the mp3 playing.

I have a cheap workaround of destroying and creating the MusicControls again, but you get this weird switch back and forth. I’ve added a title attribute to the audio tag to display a temporary title while this quick one second switch occurs, its better than the url popping up…still no solution for the default image.

Is there any way to prevent IOS from taking control of the MusicControls and displaying the HTML5 audio tag info when an event is fired from an Ionic app? Or any other solution besides the hack i stated above?

I understand that it has been several years since this question had been posted. I am unable to get the MusicControls working for ios (latest version too).

I’ve got the MusicControls plugin working great in Android, and after a couple of extra steps not mentioned anywhere in the docs I got it working in IOS 10+.

Can you please let me know what are the extra steps to be taken to get it working for ios?
I am unable to get the MusicControls plugin to work with ios.
Thank you. Sorry for bumping this old post. I have been struggling with this for many many days. Please help me.