Migrating from build.phonegap to Appflow

I have followed the blog post describing how to migrate from build.phonegap to appflow. It all makes sense but when I actually try and do a build I get the following error message:

[14:06:54]: Generating app manifest…
[14:06:54]: $ ionic deploy manifest
[14:06:55]: ▸ [ERROR] Sorry! ionic deploy manifest can only be run in an Ionic project directory.
[14:06:55]: ▸ If this is a project you’d like to integrate with Ionic, run ionic init.
±---------------------------±----------------------+
| Lane Context |
| DEFAULT_PLATFORM | ios |
| PLATFORM_NAME | android |
| LANE_NAME | android package_build |
| PROJECT_WEB_DIR | www |
| DOWNLOAD_CREDENTIAL_EXISTS | false |
[14:06:55]: Exit status of command ‘ionic deploy manifest’ was 1 instead of 0.
[ERROR] Sorry! ionic deploy manifest can only be run in an Ionic project directory.

If this is a project you'd like to integrate with Ionic, run ionic init.

±-----±--------------------±------------+
| fastlane summary |
| Step | Action | Time (in s) |
| 1 | default_platform | 0 |
| 2 | build_summary | 0 |
| 3 | add_git_credentials | 0 |
| 4 | detect_native_type | 0 |
| 5 | get_web_dir | 0 |
| 6 | modify_config_xml | 0 |
| 7 | download_credential | 0 |
| :boom: | build_pro_app | 2 |

[14:06:55]: fastlane finished with errors
/usr/local/bundle/bin/fastlane: [!] Exit status of command ‘ionic deploy manifest’ was 1 instead of 0. (FastlaneCore::Interface::FastlaneShellError)
[ERROR] Sorry! ionic deploy manifest can only be run in an Ionic project directory.

/usr/local/bundle/gems/fastlane-2.143.0/fastlane_core/lib/fastlane_core/ui/interface.rb:153:in `shell_error!’: Exit status of command ‘ionic deploy manifest’ was 1 instead of 0. (FastlaneCore::Interface::FastlaneShellError)

from /usr/local/bundle/gems/fastlane-2.143.0/fastlane_core/lib/fastlane_core/ui/ui.rb:17:in `method_missing'
from /usr/local/bundle/gems/fastlane-2.143.0/fastlane/lib/fastlane/helper/sh_helper.rb:80:in `sh_control_output'
from /usr/local/bundle/gems/fastlane-2.143.0/fastlane/lib/fastlane/helper/sh_helper.rb:12:in `sh'
from /builds/kevin-finesse/easylawyer/fastlane/actions/build_pro_app.rb:26:in `run'
from /usr/local/bundle/gems/fastlane-2.143.0/fastlane/lib/fastlane/runner.rb:261:in `block (2 levels) in execute_action'
from /usr/local/bundle/gems/fastlane-2.143.0/fastlane/lib/fastlane/actions/actions_helper.rb:50:in `execute_action'
from /usr/local/bundle/gems/fastlane-2.143.0/fastlane/lib/fastlane/runner.rb:253:in `block in execute_action'
from /usr/local/bundle/gems/fastlane-2.143.0/fastlane/lib/fastlane/runner.rb:227:in `chdir'
from /usr/local/bundle/gems/fastlane-2.143.0/fastlane/lib/fastlane/runner.rb:227:in `execute_action'
from /usr/local/bundle/gems/fastlane-2.143.0/fastlane/lib/fastlane/runner.rb:157:in `trigger_action_by_name'
from /usr/local/bundle/gems/fastlane-2.143.0/fastlane/lib/fastlane/fast_file.rb:159:in `method_missing'
from Fastfile:129:in `block (2 levels) in parsing_binding'
from /usr/local/bundle/gems/fastlane-2.143.0/fastlane/lib/fastlane/lane.rb:33:in `call'
from /usr/local/bundle/gems/fastlane-2.143.0/fastlane/lib/fastlane/runner.rb:49:in `block in execute'
from /usr/local/bundle/gems/fastlane-2.143.0/fastlane/lib/fastlane/runner.rb:45:in `chdir'
from /usr/local/bundle/gems/fastlane-2.143.0/fastlane/lib/fastlane/runner.rb:45:in `execute'
from /usr/local/bundle/gems/fastlane-2.143.0/fastlane/lib/fastlane/lane_manager.rb:56:in `cruise_lane'
from /usr/local/bundle/gems/fastlane-2.143.0/fastlane/lib/fastlane/command_line_handler.rb:36:in `handle'
from /usr/local/bundle/gems/fastlane-2.143.0/fastlane/lib/fastlane/commands_generator.rb:108:in `block (2 levels) in run'
from /usr/local/bundle/gems/commander-fastlane-4.4.6/lib/commander/command.rb:178:in `call'
from /usr/local/bundle/gems/commander-fastlane-4.4.6/lib/commander/command.rb:153:in `run'
from /usr/local/bundle/gems/commander-fastlane-4.4.6/lib/commander/runner.rb:476:in `run_active_command'
from /usr/local/bundle/gems/fastlane-2.143.0/fastlane_core/lib/fastlane_core/ui/fastlane_runner.rb:76:in `run!'
from /usr/local/bundle/gems/commander-fastlane-4.4.6/lib/commander/delegates.rb:15:in `run!'
from /usr/local/bundle/gems/fastlane-2.143.0/fastlane/lib/fastlane/commands_generator.rb:349:in `run'
from /usr/local/bundle/gems/fastlane-2.143.0/fastlane/lib/fastlane/commands_generator.rb:41:in `start'
from /usr/local/bundle/gems/fastlane-2.143.0/fastlane/lib/fastlane/cli_tools_distributor.rb:119:in `take_off'
from /usr/local/bundle/gems/fastlane-2.143.0/bin/fastlane:23:in `<top (required)>'
from /usr/local/bundle/bin/fastlane:23:in `load'
from /usr/local/bundle/bin/fastlane:23:in `<main>'

Running after script…
$ run “clean-up”
ERROR: Job failed: command terminated with exit code 1

Please note I have not converted this to an Iconic project. The blog article specifically states I don’t have to do that yet. I wondered if it requires an iconic.config.json file so i created this :
{
“name”: “test”,
“integrations”: {},
“type”: “custom”
}

but it gives the same errors.

Any help appreciated
Kevin

I am having the same problem. Does anybody know how to solve this?

I’ve tried a 2nd project and it has the same problem. I’ve got an open support ticket but not holding out much hope of getting an answer.

I’ve also tried following the 2nd part of the article and this is quite straightforward and does work so if anyone else is having the same issue just try this

You’ll need to create both a package.json file and an Ionic config file (you don’t have to convert to Ionic, but Appflow looks for that file).

Details right here.