Lazy Loaded Tabs - Segment/URL

I’m moving things over to being lazy-loaded in my app. I have my tabs working (mostly). I’m noticing that the end result has odd URL’s, which don’t work well with the back button.

I’m following this example as a baseline. I do not have any segment identifier on my tabs.ts definition of IonicPage(). I’m seeing the result as:
http://localhost:8100/#/tabs/home/home

When my home page has only home defined in it’s IonicPage as the segment. Is this the expected URL format for lazy-loaded tabs?

I don’t understand your question yet. Segments and tabs are not the same thing. What do you mean by that?

Sorry for the loaded term. By segment I was referring to this documentation. A segment property can be provided to override the URL path used for a page (which I am not doing).

One other thing I’m noticing with the lazy-loaded tabs is the back button doesn’t work well. Navigating to 3 sample pages (Home, Accounts, Notifications) does go through the 3 (oddly named) URLs below:

Unfortunately, clicking the Back button in the browser goes right back to http://localhost:8100/#/ (doesn’t remember the stack). I’ve tried adjusting the way I load the tab pages (push vs. setRoot, vs. selecting a tab) but the results are the same.

As I understand it, that’s an unavoidable side-effect of using the hash location strategy. The browser doesn’t see anything beyond the # as affecting its notion of “the current URL”. Maybe you could try switching to the path location strategy.

After implementing the lazy loading (IonicPage) baseline, the back button is keeping track of previously viewed pages for me when running in a browser. It only acts extremely odd when dealing with tabs.

Having the same issue as OP in regards to using Ionic 3 Lazy Loaded page modules.

@brassier did you ever happen to find a fix or read more into path location strategies for this setup?

Thanks

@kevinxsalerno - Sorry I can’t help much here. I was fortunate enough to have tabs taken out of the requirements for my app. The back button with lazy loaded pages seems to work fairly well without tabs.