When I tried to upload the build for testFlight I got this error: “WARNING ITMS-90704: “Missing Marketing Icon. iOS Apps must include a 1024x1024px Marketing Icon in PNG format. Apps that do not include the Marketing Icon cannot be submitted for App Review or Beta App Review.””. I had done an upload successfully before I updating XCode but after updating this stuck on this. Already tried re generating resources and building again, it shows extra 2 icons created with 1024X1024 but the upload failed.
I’m having the same issue. Regenerating resources didn’t help. I could (temporarily) fix the issue by manually adding the required icon in Xcode (AppIcon).
This has been addressed in firstname.lastname@example.org - you can now specify it in config.xml. I haven’t updated yet, so I just dragged the 1024x1024 non-alpha png into the project for now
I have tried going the ionic resources route with no luck and i have tried drag/drop to xcode; also with no luck. Can someone that has gotten either the right way (using ionic) or the less right way (xcode) add a little more detail here please. Like what is the file name, what do you add to config files, etc.
I have updated ionic/cordova/etc and this in xcode. Still nothing works.
Same here, have you found the solution?
I did finally get this working, these were my steps although i am sure some of them may not be required (ionic resources command should do most of this but i don’t think it is working):
- converted icon.png to icon.jpg - this just ensures it isn’t transparent
- added this line to config.xml
- in all the posts i have read this path is different; so possibly this is just a function of our specific setup??
- updated cordova cli (likely not required)
- removed cordova-plugin-console
- after ionic ios build, manually moved icon.jpg to resources/ios folder
- inside xcode drag/drop same icon to holder for Project->Resources->images.xcassets->AppIcon->App Store iOS 1024pt
then archive and upload as usual.
I had to manually put icon into XCode as well. Any idea when this will be fixed in Ionic (assuming that is where the issue is)?
The issue is/was with Cordova.
ionic info output so we can see what you are using there.
The solution for me was a DNS problem I ran the same command connected to a different network and worked just fine!