Itunes block my app because IDFA

Hi, I use Ionic Package and deply sysytem, and after this I upload the ipa tu itunes, when I try to public the app I receive this error:

your app use IDFA

Can you tell me why?
What I need to desable… I don’t use advertising in my app
thanks
Fabio

Where exactly do you get this error?
What is the exact error string?

When publishing a app or update Apple asks some questions about the version, also about advertising identifiers. Did you maybe answer this wrong by accident?

@Sujan12
thanks for your reply
my default language is Italian, so the error is

Thanslated in english the main sentence the one with the rose background is

Your app use the IDFA identifier, YOu must give details about the IDFA use or remove form the app and resend the binary code

So what I want to do is remove it… but I don’t know where this IDFA identifier is.

I look for in my plugin but I doesen’t find nothing
Fabio

See my previous question. If you really don’t use it in the app, this could be the culprit.

I had that warning too even I’m not using IDFA, the reason was the google analytics plugin. Do you use it?

If yes, you could solve that like @brandonpassley described in https://github.com/danwilson/google-analytics-plugin/issues/218

P.S.: Every time you gonna remove your iOS platform and it again, this should be done again. This problem still occurs in the current last version of the google analytics plugin

P.P.S.: After having resolving, you have to build a new version of your app with a next build number and push your app to the store again

@reedrichards
No I don’t use analytics, I look for some string in my code but I don’t find nothing
@Sujan12
My app first release was accepted… the unique thing I have added recently is the ionic native deploy plugin
following this https://docs.ionic.io/services/deploy/

cordova plugin add ionic-plugin-deploy --save

Is possible this is confused with IDFA

Fabio

I am not talking about what you did in your app but what you maybe by accident clicked “Yes” on that screen instead of “No”?

Although, as we don’t progress:
Please post your package.json and output of ionic info and ionic plugins list. Then we know what else could cause this.

ok then, sorry it didn’t help.

P.S.: For me these were the strings I found in my iOS platform:

“AdSupport.framework” or “libAdIdAccess.a”

@Sujan12

I am not talking about what you did in your app but what you maybe by accident clicked “Yes” on that screen instead of “No”?

I never press yes… I press No, but itunes procedure stop me with the error I show you in the snapshot
follow what you ask me

package.json

{
  "name": "app",
  "version": "1.1.1",
  "description": "app: An Ionic project",
  "dependencies": {
    "@ionic/cloud": "^0.16.0",
    "gulp": "^3.5.6",
    "gulp-concat": "^2.2.0",
    "gulp-minify-css": "^0.3.0",
    "gulp-rename": "^1.2.0",
    "gulp-sass": "^2.0.4"
  },
  "devDependencies": {
    "bower": "^1.3.3",
    "gulp-util": "^2.2.14",
    "shelljs": "^0.3.0"
  },
  "cordovaPlugins": [
    "cordova-plugin-device",
    "cordova-plugin-console",
    "cordova-plugin-whitelist",
    "cordova-plugin-splashscreen",
    "cordova-plugin-statusbar",
    "ionic-plugin-keyboard"
  ],
  "cordovaPlatforms": [
    "android",
    "ios"
  ]
}

ionic info

Your system information:

ordova CLI: 6.4.0
Ionic CLI Version: 2.1.13
Ionic App Lib Version: 2.1.7
ios-deploy version: Not installed
ios-sim version: Not installed
Node Version: v6.10.1
Xcode version: Not installed

ionic plugin

(node:12500) fs: re-evaluating native module sources is not supported. If you are using the graceful-fs module, please update it to a more recent version.
cordova-plugin-splashscreen 3.2.2 "Splashscreen"
cordova-plugin-statusbar 2.1.3 "StatusBar"
cordova-plugin-x-toast 2.5.2 "Toast"
ionic-plugin-keyboard 2.2.1 "Keyboard"

could you plz provide a screenshot of your “Linked Framework and Libraries” section of your app in Xcode?

should look something like following:

Ok, to clarify you did not upload your app to Apple and get rejected but already get this error when you upload the current version for the first time and try to submit it the first time. Correct?

package.jsonlooks good. Can you also post config.xml please?

He is on Windows and using Ionic Package to build the .ipa - so probably no Mac and nothing to look at. Somehow Ionic Package things it should include something it shouldn’t in the linked frameworks section I assume…

@reedrichards
I’m on Windows
@Sujan12
yes it is
now I’m trying to solve and I have removed all the plugin.
I’m waiting the ipa is ready for send to Itunes and try to upload the new version… hope it haven’t IDFA problem

this is my config.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes"?>
<widget id="com.ionicframework.xxx" version="0.0.11" xmlns="http://www.w3.org/ns/widgets" xmlns:cdv="http://cordova.apache.org/ns/1.0">
  <name>xxx</name>
  <description>xxx</description>
  <author email="fabio.parigi@xxx" href="http://www.xx.com/">xxx</author>
  <content src="index.html" />
  <access origin="*" />
  <preference name="webviewbounce" value="false" />
  <preference name="UIWebViewBounce" value="false" />
  <preference name="DisallowOverscroll" value="true" />
  <preference name="SplashScreenDelay" value="2000" />
  <preference name="FadeSplashScreenDuration" value="2000" />
  <preference name="android-minSdkVersion" value="16" />
  <preference name="BackupWebStorage" value="none" />
  <preference name="SplashScreen" value="screen" />
  <feature name="StatusBar">
    <param name="ios-package" value="CDVStatusBar" onload="true" />
  </feature>
  <platform name="ios">
    <icon src="resources\ios\icon\icon.png" width="57" height="57" />
    <icon src="resources\ios\icon\icon@2x.png" width="114" height="114" />
    <icon src="resources\ios\icon\icon-40.png" width="40" height="40" />
    <icon src="resources\ios\icon\icon-40@2x.png" width="80" height="80" />
    <icon src="resources\ios\icon\icon-40@3x.png" width="120" height="120" />
    <icon src="resources\ios\icon\icon-50.png" width="50" height="50" />
    <icon src="resources\ios\icon\icon-50@2x.png" width="100" height="100" />
    <icon src="resources\ios\icon\icon-60.png" width="60" height="60" />
    <icon src="resources\ios\icon\icon-60@2x.png" width="120" height="120" />
    <icon src="resources\ios\icon\icon-60@3x.png" width="180" height="180" />
    <icon src="resources\ios\icon\icon-72.png" width="72" height="72" />
    <icon src="resources\ios\icon\icon-72@2x.png" width="144" height="144" />
    <icon src="resources\ios\icon\icon-76.png" width="76" height="76" />
    <icon src="resources\ios\icon\icon-76@2x.png" width="152" height="152" />
    <icon src="resources\ios\icon\icon-83.5@2x.png" width="167" height="167" />
    <icon src="resources\ios\icon\icon-small.png" width="29" height="29" />
    <icon src="resources\ios\icon\icon-small@2x.png" width="58" height="58" />
    <icon src="resources\ios\icon\icon-small@3x.png" width="87" height="87" />
    <splash src="resources\ios\splash\Default-568h@2x~iphone.png" width="640" height="1136" />
    <splash src="resources\ios\splash\Default-667h.png" width="750" height="1334" />
    <splash src="resources\ios\splash\Default-736h.png" width="1242" height="2208" />
    <splash src="resources\ios\splash\Default-Landscape-736h.png" width="2208" height="1242" />
    <splash src="resources\ios\splash\Default-Landscape@2x~ipad.png" width="2048" height="1536" />
    <splash src="resources\ios\splash\Default-Landscape@~ipadpro.png" width="2732" height="2048" />
    <splash src="resources\ios\splash\Default-Landscape~ipad.png" width="1024" height="768" />
    <splash src="resources\ios\splash\Default-Portrait@2x~ipad.png" width="1536" height="2048" />
    <splash src="resources\ios\splash\Default-Portrait@~ipadpro.png" width="2048" height="2732" />
    <splash src="resources\ios\splash\Default-Portrait~ipad.png" width="768" height="1024" />
    <splash src="resources\ios\splash\Default@2x~iphone.png" width="640" height="960" />
    <splash src="resources\ios\splash\Default~iphone.png" width="320" height="480" />
  </platform>
  <platform name="android">
    <icon src="resources\android\icon\drawable-ldpi-icon.png" density="ldpi" />
    <icon src="resources\android\icon\drawable-mdpi-icon.png" density="mdpi" />
    <icon src="resources\android\icon\drawable-hdpi-icon.png" density="hdpi" />
    <icon src="resources\android\icon\drawable-xhdpi-icon.png" density="xhdpi" />
    <icon src="resources\android\icon\drawable-xxhdpi-icon.png" density="xxhdpi" />
    <icon src="resources\android\icon\drawable-xxxhdpi-icon.png" density="xxxhdpi" />
    <splash src="resources\android\splash\drawable-land-ldpi-screen.png" density="land-ldpi" />
    <splash src="resources\android\splash\drawable-land-mdpi-screen.png" density="land-mdpi" />
    <splash src="resources\android\splash\drawable-land-hdpi-screen.png" density="land-hdpi" />
    <splash src="resources\android\splash\drawable-land-xhdpi-screen.png" density="land-xhdpi" />
    <splash src="resources\android\splash\drawable-land-xxhdpi-screen.png" density="land-xxhdpi" />
    <splash src="resources\android\splash\drawable-land-xxxhdpi-screen.png" density="land-xxxhdpi" />
    <splash src="resources\android\splash\drawable-port-ldpi-screen.png" density="port-ldpi" />
    <splash src="resources\android\splash\drawable-port-mdpi-screen.png" density="port-mdpi" />
    <splash src="resources\android\splash\drawable-port-hdpi-screen.png" density="port-hdpi" />
    <splash src="resources\android\splash\drawable-port-xhdpi-screen.png" density="port-xhdpi" />
    <splash src="resources\android\splash\drawable-port-xxhdpi-screen.png" density="port-xxhdpi" />
    <splash src="resources\android\splash\drawable-port-xxxhdpi-screen.png" density="port-xxxhdpi" />
  </platform>
  <platform name="wp8">
    <icon src="resources\wp8\icon\ApplicationIcon.png" width="99" height="99" />
    <icon src="resources\wp8\icon\Background.png" width="159" height="159" />
    <splash src="resources\wp8\splash\SplashScreenImage.png" width="768" height="1280" />
  </platform>
  <allow-navigation href="*" />
  <icon src="resources\android\icon\drawable-xhdpi-icon.png" />
  <plugin name="cordova-plugin-extension" version="1.5.1" />
</widget>

@Sujan12 @fparigi oki doki good luck guys

Removed all the problem persist

This looks strange. What is this used for?

How are you uploading to Apple by the way?

Only for close this issue…
I lost one day. At the end desperate I install a new blank ionic project, copy all my www directory, recreate the resources, add ios platform, and pack and re upload in ionic package, download the ipa, send to itunes, and now the IDFA problem don’t appear…

arrrrgggggg … I’m so angry about this

Fabio

1 Like

I am also facing this type of problem. My iTunes is not responding properly. I have verified this all but again it is showing iTunes verification failed. I am looking for the proper solution.