Issues with the back button implementation

Hello all.

I am using the beta version of Ionic and am having issues implementing the Back button in the navbar.

I have the following code for the back button in my navigation html file from where I set the routes for each entry in the side menu.

This back button is visible on all subsequent pages, where I do not want it to appear.

<ion-nav-bar class="bar-assertive">
			<ion-nav-back-button class="button-clear">
				<i class="icon ion-chevron-left"></i>
			</ion-nav-back-button>
		</ion-nav-bar>

I have attached a screen shot to my issue. I want to disable the back button here.

I have been struggling with this issue the entire day and looked into the forum for previous posts, but none have helped! Any helpis greatly appreciated.

Regards.
Shreerang
Spatial Unlimited

Stand by. Working on a sample for you.

See this sample. http://codepen.io/calendee/pen/eLgjb?editors=101

• There are two ways to hide the back button - with hide-back-button="true" in the <ion-view> : Page 2 shows this.
  • Using $ionicNavBarDelegate : Page 3 shows this. Note the timeout is required or when the view renders, the backbutton gets put on again.

@Calendee thanks for the snippet. I was trying using $ionicNavBarDelegate and was missing the timeout. Thanks a lot for your input.

Regards.
Shreerang
Spatial Unlimited

Hello @Calendee.

This implementation is not working when using the side menu implementation. If you click on a menu item in the side menu and have hide-back-button="false" in the <ion-view>, the back button doesn’t show up. I was looking into the ionic starter sideMenu app.

Regards.
Shreerang
Spatial Unlimited

Got around this…The back button was not visible as there was nav-clear on the href of each menu item.

Regards.
Shreerang
Spatial Unlimited