Is there a way to integrate facebook & google login in ionic PWA

I developed an app in ionic 3. It’s working fine for android & iOS. Then I added browser platform & found, fb & google login not working for it.

Ionic documentation here says facebook plugin is supported in browser. But it’s not working.

Google plus plugin only supports android & iOS.

So how to integrate fb & google login in PWA developed in ionic 3?

2 Likes

I am also investigating this myself at the moment.

The facebook plugin doesn’t work with browser and it seems to be a problem related to the in app browser plugin.

I am thinking the only way of currently doing it would be to use the facebook sdk.

I will continue to investigate this.

@niallr did you find any solution?

Everybody says about pwa but i dont understand how one can use the plugins with browser and also cordova. Only solution is to write code for both ends l.

The solution is to use https://www.npmjs.com/package/angular4-social-login module for PWA. I tried it. It’s working fine.

Did you really try angularx-social-login in a PWA ? for me it’s workin in a browser, even on a mobile, but when I install the PWA on my smartphone then I can no longer login to google via the social login API. I’d be interested to see your code if it’s working, maybe I missed something ? do you have a repo to show this ?
Thanks in advance