Is there a way to configure the app to use a specific ios-icon over the android styled one

I would like to just be able to do <ion-icon name="arrow-down"> and have it default to ios-arrow-down everywhere in my app.

Maybe with iconMode here.

That makes all Icons to default to the ios versions and that’s not the behaviour I’m looking for. I just want the arrow-down to default to ios-arrow-down.

I don’t think that it’s possible. However you could either use the appropriate icon name everywhere, e.g. <ion-icon name="ios-arrow-down">, or you can create a custom component for that purpose. I would recommend you to just use the icon name for iOS - it’s simpler and you can easily do a global search and replace, if you change your mind later.

Ohhh, now i understand, sorry. You can do what @iignatov said or maybe you can replace the CSS of arrow-down with the ios-arrow-down CSS.

Yeah that’s how i’m doing it now. I just thought it would be nice if you could configure these things in the @app decorator! Thanks for the reply.

Just to chime in on this.

To use the same icon for both ios and android, you can use:

<ion-icon ios="ios-arrow-down" md="ios-arrow-down"></ion-icon>

<ion-icon name="ios-arrow-down"> Achieves the same effect with less typing. :slight_smile:

How are you getting syntax highlighting in your code snippet??

AFAIK the syntax highlighting is available only for the block code snippets and it’s automatic (although you can also specify it explicitly, just like in Github).