iOS Privacy Manifest help

Hello,
i’ve migrated my app to Capacitor v6 and everything seems to be fine,
the only problem i’m having is related to the privacy manifest code i should use with the following plugins:

capacitor/device

Found potentially required reason API usage 'volumeAvailableCapacityForImportantUsageKey' in 'node_modules/@capacitor/device/ios/Sources/DevicePlugin/Device.swift'
Line numbers: 42 
Found potentially required reason API usage 'systemFreeSize' in 'node_modules/@capacitor/device/ios/Sources/DevicePlugin/Device.swift'
Line numbers: 30 
Found potentially required reason API usage 'systemSize' in 'node_modules/@capacitor/device/ios/Sources/DevicePlugin/Device.swift'
Line numbers: 59 

I use it to register my push notifications

but in the info it says i’m using it for “disk space reasons”, which is not my case I guess.
What code should I use in this case in the privacy info file?

the other plugin is
@capacitor-community/apple-sign-in/

Found potentially required reason API usage 'UserDefaults' in 'node_modules/@capacitor-community/apple-sign-in/ios/Plugin/Plugin.swift'

here i’ve used 85F4.1, is it fine?

thank you!

Even if you don’t use the returned information the plugin is returning it, so you have to add the privacy manifest entry.

The docs are not available on the site yet, will be at some point today, but you can check the README.md of the plugins, they already contain the information

For device plugin
85F4.1 is recommended

For Preferences plugin, that uses UserDefaults, CA92.1 is recommended, I guess for @capacitor-community/apple-sign-in it should be the same.

2 Likes

thank you Julio, precious as always!

Is it also necessary to specific this 85F4.1 reason for the device plugin even if we don’t use getInfo() method in our app (we use other methods, like getLanguageTag())?

Most likely as I don’t think Apple engineers will test if your app is actually reaching that code, just checking that the code is present.

There is a request to remove the code, but would be breaking at this point, so probably won’t happen until Capacitor 7

2 Likes