Apple Rejection - ITMS-90338: Non-public API usage Ionic 5

Our app has been on the app store for a few years now with no issue whatsoever. Today, Apple sent us this little love letter:

ITMS-90338: Non-public API usage - The app references non-public selectors in Frameworks/Capacitor.framework/Capacitor: applicationNameForUserAgent, initWithFrame:configuration:, isMainFrame, setNavigationDelegate:, targetFrame. If method names in your source code match the private Apple APIs listed above, altering your method names will help prevent this app from being flagged in future submissions. In addition, note that one or more of the above APIs may be located in a static library that was included with your app. If so, they must be removed. For further information, visit the Technical Support Information at Requesting Technical Support - Support - Apple Developer

Best regards,

The App Store Team

Has anyone else found this error? I’m thinking it may have to do with an update on Apple’s end. Only thing we changed was to include some needed pods to the Podfile. Here is what it looks like now:

target 'App' do
  capacitor_pods
  # Add your Pods here
  pod 'Firebase/Core', '~> 9.1.0'
  pod 'Firebase/Auth', '~> 9.1.0'
  pod 'Firebase/Analytics', '~> 9.1.0'
  pod 'GoogleSignIn', '~> 5.0.2'
end

We’re currently running @Ionic/angular 5.6.11 with @capacitor/ios 3.5.1 on Angular 12.1.1.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I’m encountering the same issue as of today. I know App Store Connect was down for maintenance around 11AM-1PM and this issue seems to have popped up since then on this and another capacitor application. As of now, I don’t know if this reflects new policy or an error on apple’s side. I’m following up with Apple Support and filing an issue on the ionic GitHub.

Good to know. Thanks for the feedback. Please post the Github issue link if you don’t mind. I’d like to provide input too as needed.

Found this one filed under Capacitor Issues on Github. I guess this is an Apple issue. The Ionic team are following: bug: iOS ITMS-90338: Non-public API usage · Issue #5661 · ionic-team/capacitor · GitHub

Ah, okay, I’m closing mine as that one seems to capture everything and has eyes on it.

Finally seems to be fixed.

Yes! Upload worked for me this morning. Unusually long processing time, but no errors so far.