iOS build fails - Error code 65

Hi there,

since today my build fails with:

** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
	CompileC build/Buyo.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/Buyo.build/Objects-normal/i386/IonicKeyboard.o Buyo/Plugins/com.ionic.keyboard/IonicKeyboard.m normal i386 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
(1 failure)
Error: Error code 65 for command: xcodebuild with args: -xcconfig,/Users/me/Documents/app/platforms/ios/cordova/build-debug.xcconfig,-project,app.xcodeproj,ARCHS=i386,-target,app,-configuration,Debug,-sdk,iphonesimulator,build,VALID_ARCHS=i386,CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR=/Users/me/Documents/app/platforms/ios/build/emulator,SHARED_PRECOMPS_DIR=/Users/me/Documents/app/platforms/ios/build/sharedpch

OSX 10.11.3
XCode 7.2.1 (7C1002)
ionic -v

Looks like the same for me

** BUILD FAILED **

The following build commands failed:
        CompileC build/ROGOCODE.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/ROGOCODE.build/Objects-normal/i386/CDVAdMobAds.o ROGOCODE/Plugins/com.admob.google/CDVAdMobAds.m normal i386 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
(1 failure)
ERROR running one or more of the platforms: Error code 65 for command: xcodebuild with args: -xcconfig,/Users/i/Apps/freelance/rogo-app/rogo-app/platforms/ios/cordova/build-debug.xcconfig,-project,ROGOCODE.xcodeproj,ARCHS=i386,-target,ROGOCODE,-configuration,Debug,-sdk,iphonesimulator,build,VALID_ARCHS=i386,CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR=/Users/i/Apps/freelance/rogo-app/rogo-app/platforms/ios/build/emulator,SHARED_PRECOMPS_DIR=/Users/i/Apps/freelance/rogo-app/rogo-app/platforms/ios/build/sharedpch
You may not have the required environment or OS to run this project

I had to create a new ionic project folder and move my code over.
Not sure what it was, but it solved my problem…

This is probably an issue with plugins. Uninstall all plugins, remove platform, add platform, install plugins.

The same error with me

CompileC build/Takapuna.build/Debug-iphonesimulator/Takapuna.build/Objects-normal/i386/IonicKeyboard-9DEBA08DE7C4758A.o Takapuna/Plugins/com.ionic.keyboard/IonicKeyboard.m normal i386 objective-c com.apple.compilers.llvm.clang.1_0.compiler
(1 failure)

ERROR building one of the platforms: Error code 65 for command: xcodebuild with args: -xcconfig,/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/takapuna/platforms/ios/cordova/build-debug.xcconfig,-project,Takapuna.xcodeproj,ARCHS=i386,-target,Takapuna,-configuration,Debug,-sdk,iphonesimulator,build,VALID_ARCHS=i386,CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR=/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/takapuna/platforms/ios/build/emulator,SHARED_PRECOMPS_DIR=/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/takapuna/platforms/ios/build/sharedpch

You may not have the required environment or OS to build this project
Error: Error code 65 for command: xcodebuild with args: -xcconfig,/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/takapuna/platforms/ios/cordova/build-debug.xcconfig,-project,Takapuna.xcodeproj,ARCHS=i386,-target,Takapuna,-configuration,Debug,-sdk,iphonesimulator,build,VALID_ARCHS=i386,CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR=/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/takapuna/platforms/ios/build/emulator,SHARED_PRECOMPS_DIR=/Applications/XAMPP/xamppfiles/htdocs/takapuna/platforms/ios/build/sharedpch

I have had this issue recently. Turns out the problem I had was in my config.xml file. I opened it in my code editor (code runner 2 I believe) and it had somehow added a strange markup to my quotation marks.

I only figured this out by rebuilding the project from scratch, copying the WWW directory, adding all the plugins manually, then it built fine. Then when I changed the config.xml to include all of the right information, the new project did the same thing until I deleted and re-added every quotation mark in the file.

I have noticed that since I compiled my apps last in IOS, the ionic keyboard plugin has been renamed from “com.ionic.keyboard” to “ionic-plugin-keyboard”. Using the old plugin on Android never has a problem, but I couldn’t get a successful compile or deployment to work until I removed the old plugin from the project directory and CLI, then reinstalled it from the CLI.

If someone is using Google Map SDK and they are getting Error code 65, which I was having too.

You should do following

ionic platform rm ios
ionic platform add ios@3.9.0 

Then it will start working again.

1 Like

Try this solutions

• Delete all plugins
  • Delete all platforms
  • Delete node modules
  • reinstall all plugins, platforms and run npm install --save, and try build the app again.

Note: It works for me