We are currently experiencing an issue with our iOS app (v.9.3.5, on iPad). The app allows an user to select a picture from the gallery to be displayed after.
Steps to reproduce
- Phone is in portrait mode and the picture selection will be done using this mode:
- if selected photo is a portrait picture (width < height) then the app will show this photo in a portrait mode (works OK, picture is displayed correctly)
- if selected photo is a landscape picture (width > height) then the app will switch to landscape mode and display the photo in landscape. (doesn’t work fine as the picture is displayed within half of the app, i.e. the app is not resized to fit the phone screen). This seems to work fine when the app is freshly installed/started but after a few tries it stops working and resizing the whole device’s screen.
- When phone is in landscape mode and picture is either a portrait/landscape photo, app is resized correctly.
- ionic plugin list:
com.ozexpert.devicemeta 0.0.2 "DeviceMeta"
cordova-plugin-app-version 0.1.9 "AppVersion"
cordova-plugin-camera 2.2.0 "Camera"
cordova-plugin-compat 1.1.0 "Compat"
cordova-plugin-console 1.0.3 "Console"
cordova-plugin-device 1.1.2 "Device"
cordova-plugin-email 1.1.1 "EmailComposer"
cordova-plugin-file 4.2.0 "File"
cordova-plugin-file-transfer 1.5.1 "File Transfer"
cordova-plugin-fullscreen 1.1.0 "cordova-plugin-fullscreen"
cordova-plugin-image-picker 1.1.1 "ImagePicker"
cordova-plugin-network-information 1.2.1 "Network Information"
cordova-plugin-screen-orientation 1.4.2 "Screen Orientation"
cordova-plugin-splashscreen 3.2.2 "Splashscreen"
cordova-plugin-statusbar 2.1.4-dev "StatusBar"
cordova-plugin-whitelist 1.2.2 "Whitelist"
ionic-plugin-keyboard 2.2.1 “Keyboard”
- index.html “viewport”:
< meta name=“viewport” content=“initial-scale=1.0, maximum-scale=1.0, user-scalable=no, width=device-width” >
< preference name=“Orientation” value=“all” />
- ionic info:
Cordova CLI: 6.3.1
Gulp version: CLI version 3.9.1
Gulp local: Local version 3.9.1
Ionic CLI Version: 2.0.0
Ionic App Lib Version: 2.0.0-beta.20
ios-deploy version: Not installed
ios-sim version: Not installed
OS: Mac OS X El Capitan
Node Version: v4.5.0
Xcode version: Xcode 7.3.1 Build version 7D1014
- tested on iPad (iOS 9.3.5)
Things tested so far
I’ve tested almost anything on the web, including patches to Statusbar plugin and anything around the viewport meta.
Any ideas ? Thanks in advance.