Ionic2 very slow on Windows Phone 10

How did you build it? When running it inside the www folder the cordova plugins do not work?

Just my 2 cents worth (after many problems getting UWP build to work)
I have Visual Studio 2017.

The rest of the environment is…

cli packages: (C:\Users\pchapman\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules)

@ionic/cli-utils  : 1.9.2
    ionic (Ionic CLI) : 3.9.2

global packages:

Cordova CLI : not installed

local packages:

@ionic/app-scripts : 1.3.7
    Cordova Platforms  : android 6.2.3 windows 5.0.0
    Ionic Framework    : ionic-angular 3.3.0

System:

Android SDK Tools : 26.0.2
    Node              : v6.11.2
    npm               : 3.10.10
    OS                : Windows 10

To build Windows, (after adding the platform), I need to use…

ionic cordova build windows --prod --release -- --arch=x86 --buildConfig windows_certificate\\build.config

In particular was passing the -- --arch=x86 flag.

I use the --buildConfig windows_certificate\\build.config just so I can sign with my certificate for sideloading (it was the only way I could get it working)

I am now testing on Microsoft Surface Pro running Windows 10 Pro, and this seems to have problems too.

My app launch time is fine, but just the clicks seem very laggy, or sometime don’t seem to fire at all ( I have to click twice). The side menu seems ti animate fine, but also sometimes when clicking the hamburger menu it does not seem to react to the click. Same with the back arrows (any clicks)

1 Like

Hm, is there any progress since? It’s May 2018 and the Windows Phone performance is still an utter disaster. x86 build is OK and very fast but arm build for Lumia 650 is absolutely unusable. I am waiting about 10 seconds for page switch…

I guess that people from Ionic don’t care about WP anymore, right?

Microsoft discontinued development on Windows 10 Mobile last October and will push security patches through the end of 2019 but it’s basically a dead platform, sadly, and I don’t believe that the Ionic team plan to spend any development resources on it moving forward.

It never really caught on and the iOS and Android duopoly seems like it will continue on for the foreseeable future.

Yeah, that’s for a longer discussion but I know there won’t be an initiative from Ionic to get this right. I was rather asking whether someone found out the cause of those issues or have some tips (for example breaking the page that’s causing problems to more smaller pages, not using specific components etc.).

What I experience is that loading the page that contains a big list (approximately 300 items, but it’s only a text, nothing fancy…) takes about 10 seconds. But when it finally shows, scrolling through the list is super fast. Much more fluid than on android in fact…