Ionic view not taking device screen size

Hi all,

Newbie here, recently starting using ionic framework for a project.
My app is basically a nav view with multiple views inside it (100% height and width)

My viewport meta looks like this
<meta name="viewport" content="initial-scale=1, maximum-scale=1, user-scalable=no, width=device-width width=device-width">

I have the scale set to true/false, doesn’t matter.
<preference name="EnableViewportScale" value="true"/>

The problem is that if i run app on a Nexus 7 2013 tablet (or similar emulator) ( 1200x1920 resolution) in the chrome://inspect my view has a width of 600x880 something. So not the real sizes.
Somehow ionic s reporting different dimensions than the device actual dimensions.

And this happens for ionic project. For sure don’t have strange CSS rules for body, ion-view etc.

If i inject $window in a controller
self.deviceWidth = $window.innerWidth; self.deviceHeight = $window.innerHeight;
the dimensions are 600x887.

Tried to mess platform classes, no result:
function addPlatformBodyTag(indexPath, platform) { // add the platform class to the body tag try { var platformClass = 'platform111-' + platform; var cordovaClass = 'platform1111-cordova platform1-webview1'; var html = fs.readFileSync(indexPath, 'utf8');

The same problem if i inspect in Safari for iOS device?

Am I missing something about ionic ? Or really have a problem in my app ?

[Edit] If ionic works like this, how am I supposed to use CSS media queries since the screen values aren’t the actual values. Can i find somewhere a good example ? Suppose it’s not really ok to make assumptions of scaling.

Discovered the solution for that.

Seems that the body dimensions of the ionic platform are exactly half of the actual dimensions of the device.
So for a Nexus 7 2013 for 1200x1774 (native resolution- navbar etc) i have body 600x887.

So it’s ok for me to divide my CSS media queries by half and i’m fine with that for now.