Has ionic stopped producing for the windows platform in ionic v4?
I created a new ionic app using --type=angular.
After this I did the usual to make this build on the windows platform - I’m trying to build on visual studio 2017 on the universal windows platform.
The bug is that it gives me a blank screen which seems like it’s not calling the right js files or it isn’t all together to be used on the windows platform yet?
I run the same steps I do for this v4 on v3 with --type=ionic-angular and the normal v3 and the windows platform works fine.
steps to reproduce:
- on npm run ionic start myApp tabs --type=angular
- I add the help it provides for ios and android.
- I open this file using visual code and navigate to config.xml
- in this I add <preference name=“windows-target-version” value=“10.0” />
- Then in the cmd or the intregated terminal type in ionic cordova platform add windows
- then again in the cmd or terminal type in ionic cordova build windows
- this will produce a directory called platforms, inside another directory called windows.
- inside of the windows folder, there is a cordovaapp.sln file which i open up in vs 2017
- from there it gives me a blank screen using ionic v4 but in ionic v3 it works fine with the app working.
I would to just know if ionic are still supporting windows? My company is trying to intregate the windows platform so that answer would be very helpful.