Ionic Pro: Build failing with no errors in log

I am attempting to complete a build and have pushed to ionic following the Ionic Pro instructions. The build fails immediately after pushing to master with the following build log:

Running with gitlab-ci-multi-runner 9.1.0 (0118d89) on Snapshot 4 (71cacf96) 
Using Shell executor... 
Running on ip-10-2-152-170... 
Cloning repository... 
Cloning into '/home/gitlab-runner/builds/71cacf96/0/project-1'... 
Checking out cb8c90cc as master... 
Skipping Git submodules setup $ fetch-updates 
Checking for build process updates... 
Running after script... $ 
clean-up Cleaning up files... 
Successful clean up 
ERROR: Job failed: exit status 1

The only strange thing I’ve done is follow the optional step of linking the project to a remote repository (which didn’t seem to work as when I push to my github repo a build isn’t triggered)

Here is my ionic info:

cli packages: (C:\Users\Rohan\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules)

@ionic/cli-utils  : 1.9.2
    ionic (Ionic CLI) : 3.9.2

global packages:

Cordova CLI : 7.0.1

local packages:

@ionic/app-scripts : 1.3.7
    Cordova Platforms  : android 6.2.3 ios 4.4.0
    Ionic Framework    : ionic-angular 3.3.0

System:

Node : v6.11.0
    npm  : 3.10.10
    OS   : Windows 7

When I run ionic cordova build android there are no problems and it builds without any errors.

Because the log doesn’t say what went wrong I’m completely stumped and google is of no help, so I’m not really sure what to do next, any help would be greatly apprecated!

EDIT:
I just created a new project from the tabs template, following the instructions on the pro page to the letter (using ionic start and setting the pro-id from the get go)
The build still fails with the same log as above, what am I missing here?

I just pushed an old project that was previously building fine and it is now failing with the above log. I’m not sure that anything on my system has changed since my last build on that project…why would it suddenly be failing too?

Of course not, as this is your repo on your server where there is no Ionic Pro environment with build scripts etc.

Ionic Pro is a hosted and closed source service, so there is not much we, the community, can help you with. There is a FAQ and common/known issues at https://ionic.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/115003254647-FAQ-Common-Issues - but yours is not one of them. You can - and should - contact support at Support

I thought that command to add a remote repo was setting up the ionic repo to monitor mine for changes. Guess I misunderstood…I’m not sure what adding the remote repo even does now.

This is distressing because I had a deadline for a build today and I don’t think I have the time to manually build on an iOS device. I will contact support and just hope it doesn’t take too long for them to get back to me.

Thanks for the tips @Sujan12

It adds a remote repository for git. It has nothing to do with Ionic Pro. It’s just a repository where your code is saved, uploaded and made accessible to your team mates or a future you.

Yep, I already have a repo on github just for revision tracking and a backup (I work alone so no need for collaboration). I just figured somehow ionic servers would monitor the remote repo or something and that was the point of using the git remote command. I don’t know git very well so I was guessing.

I have sent off a support ticket, fingers crossed they can get to it soon.

Passing thoughts, if the basic template is failing there must be something wrong with my environment. I might try a clean ionic/node installation tomorrow.

1 Like

So I just ran:

npm cache clean -f
npm install npm -g

I’m honestly not sure if that’s what fixed the problem but my code is now building on the ionic pro servers.

1 Like