Ionic platform pricing

Hi,

I’m hoping someone can clarify the new Ionic platform pricing plans for me. I have a small app that has generated less than the cost of an Ionic pro monthly fee in the last 12 months. I release updates on average about once every two months. For me, the key feature I use is Ionic packaging to compile my code to iOS and Android App files - however from the looks of the new pricing plans, the free option does not include packaging? If this is the case, I would have to pay for pro, which has a monthly cost that makes it very costly to continue using the Ionic platform just for the packaging feature.

Have I read this correctly or will the free version still allow a number of packages per month to be compiled? I guess if that’s the case, my only option is to go through the hassle of trying to get my app packaged on my local machine.

As a side note, it’s a shame Ionic hasn’t got a “pay as you go” type pricing plan - a little like Firebase blaze - for individuals with low usage.

Thanks for any clarification people can offer.

Reviewing http://ionicframework.com/pricing

Kickstarter
FREE

Development builds

vs

DEVELOPER
$29 PER MONTH

5,000 native builds / month

I would agree with your assessment.

If you own or have access to a Mac PC, building locally is not that big a problem actually.

Yeah I’m on a Mac, so that may be the only way forward sadly.

1 Like

I am not sure it is the only way. Have you checked out PhoneGap Build? It is a free for one project service by Adobe. It used to work well for me in the Ionic 1 days. I am back to Ionic 2 now, and will know soon enough if it is still working. I am on Windows, so no local packaging option for me. I need something in the cloud for iOS. Check the PGB.

Didn’t know about PhoneGap Build, thanks! I’ll take a look.