Ionic native local notifications not working on iOS 14

Hello everyone!

I cannot understand why but it doesnt show the pop up of a local notification on iOS (emulator and iPHone real 11), using Ionic 5 and "@ionic-native/local-notifications": "^5.29.0",

How to fix it? Thank you

Regards

I dig a little bit more and cannot understand why after uninstalled and installed the local notification plugin, I am getting this on Safari’s console:

[Warning] Install the LocalNotifications plugin: 'ionic cordova plugin add cordova-plugin-local-notification' (vendor.js, line 198987)
[Warning] Native: tried calling LocalNotifications.requestPermission, but the LocalNotifications plugin is not installed. (vendor.js, line 198981)
[Warning] Install the LocalNotifications plugin: 'ionic cordova plugin add cordova-plugin-local-notification' (vendor.js, line 198987)```

How to solve it? Thank you
1 Like

Does anyone know how to solve it?

@ionic-native are just a set of typescript wrappers around cordova plugins, but they don’t include the cordova plugins.
So if you install @ionic-native/local-notifications, it needs cordova-plugin-local-notification, that’s what those messages are telling you, that you need to install the cordova plugin for the ionic-native wrapper to work.

1 Like

I already did it, but still shows the message, that is why

whats the output of ionic cordova plugin list?

cordova-plugin-local-notification 0.9.0-beta.4 "LocalNotification"

Hello? any answer? Cannot understand what is happening…