Current working version of Local Notification

Does anyone know what is the current working version of the local-notification plugin that we should be using?

When I run the recommended installation procedure of:

$ ionic cordova plugin add cordova-plugin-local-notification
$ npm install --save @ionic-native/local-notifications

This resolves to:

cordova-plugin-local-notification - ~0.9.0-beta.2
@ionic-native/local-notifications - 4.12.0

With this configuration my program builds and runs. When my code creates a new local-notification I get prompted by the phone to allow access. After that it seems to fail silently and no notification pops up at the appropriate time. This was working for me before and is not now.

When you go to the github repository (at https://github.com/katzer/cordova-plugin-local-notifications) for the cordova plugin, the README states the following under known issues:

• Not compatible yet with Ionic Native . Their wrapper is not part of this plugin. In future I will contribute to them to fix such issues in time. But for the moment I am busy enough with the plugin itself.

I attempted to downgrade to my prior working versions:
@ionic-native/local-notifications: "-3.14.0
de.appplant.cordova.plugin.local-notification ~0.8.5

However when I do that my application freezes at the splash screen

Anyone know what is the proper configuration to use right now?

Perhaps I need to update my version of Cordova? Here is my Ionic Info:

Ionic:

ionic (Ionic CLI)  : 4.1.1 (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/ionic)
   Ionic Framework    : ionic-angular 3.9.2
   @ionic/app-scripts : 3.1.11

Cordova:

cordova (Cordova CLI) : 6.5.0
   Cordova Platforms     : android 6.3.0, browser 4.1.0, ios 4.3.1
   Cordova Plugins       : cordova-plugin-ionic-webview 1.2.1, (and 14 other plugins)

System:

Android SDK Tools : 26.1.1 (/Users/harley/Library/Android/sdk)
   ios-deploy        : 1.9.1
   ios-sim           : 6.1.2
   NodeJS            : v6.9.5 (/usr/local/bin/node)
   npm               : 6.4.0
   OS                : macOS High Sierra
   Xcode             : Xcode 9.4.1 Build version 9F2000

Blockquote
Does anyone know what is the current working version of the local-notification plugin that we should be using?

Good question! I was using version 0.8.5 until I have a problem with my computer and had to reinstal everything. After that, the ‘trigger’ param is not recognized anymore. I just can’t use it.

What bothers me more is that folowing Ionic documentation to install Local Notification plugin, you will install an unsuported version

I recently had to upgrade my cordova android to support the targetSdk change.
As far as I can tell 0.8.5 is the version of the plugin that works with Ionic v3 (and Ionic Native v3).
I see some movement in GitHub to support the 0.9 version of the plugin in the Ionic-Native project, but I am unsure as to whether you can use Ionic Native 4 with an Ionic v3 app (doesn’t seem likely).

I was testing with latest but i guess it has an issue, i needed to downgrade to version “@ionic-native/local-notifications”: “^4.3.2”