Ionic Native App Rate iOS Issue?

I installed the ionic-native App Rate plugin and corresponding cordova-plugin for App Rate as well.

I want to prompt users to rate my app once they reach a certain page, so I have used the following constructor code on that page:

constructor(private appRate: AppRate, public navCtrl: NavController) {
    this.appRate.preferences = {
      openStoreInApp: true,
      displayAppName: 'MYAPP',
      promptAgainForEachNewVersion: false,
      storeAppURL: {
        ios: '#HERE',
        android: 'market://details?id=ID.HERE'
      },
      customLocale: {
        title: 'Do you enjoy MYAPP?',
        message: 'If you enjoy using MYAPP, would you mind taking a moment to rate it? Without ratings I might not be able to afford groceries!',
        cancelButtonLabel: 'No thanks, you can starve!',
        laterButtonLabel: 'Remind Me Later',
        rateButtonLabel: 'Rate Now'
      },
      callbacks: {
        onButtonClicked: function(buttonIndex){
          console.log("onButtonClicked -> " + buttonIndex);
        }
      }

};

this.appRate.promptForRating(false);
	}

requestRating(){
    this.appRate.promptForRating(true);
  }

I redacted my Apple App ID # and Google Play package name, but I have them inserted correctly in my code. I ran the Android version in the simulator and it functioned as expected, linking to the Google Play store when a user clicks “Rate Now”.

The iOS Simulator, on the other hand, logs the following:

2017-09-19 17:23:12.229 PTL[19342:3526405] onButtonClicked -> 1
2017-09-19 17:23:13.158189-0400 PTL[19342:3526405] [MC] System group container for systemgroup.com.apple.configurationprofiles path is /Users/evan/Library/Developer/CoreSimulator/Devices/DD353090-6F2E-402C-992B-7C6664205D35/data/Containers/Shared/SystemGroup/systemgroup.com.apple.configurationprofiles
2017-09-19 17:23:13.158580-0400 PTL[19342:3526405] [MC] Reading from private effective user settings.

Also, the network activity icon in the status bar spins and remains spinning until I quit the app, but the app functions normally during this time.

Is this an issue that will resolve itself once I move from simulator to live build? Has anyone had experience with this plugin?