Ionic Framework 5 does not work on Android 4.4

good evening
I create my ionic application but its does not work on version 4.4
my ionic info
Ionic:

Ionic CLI : 5.4.5 (C:\Users\ISSOUFOU Moussa\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\ionic)
Ionic Framework : @ionic/angular 5.0.4
@angular-devkit/build-angular : 0.801.3
@angular-devkit/schematics : 8.1.3
@angular/cli : 8.1.3
@ionic/angular-toolkit : 2.2.0

Cordova:

Cordova CLI : 9.0.0 (cordova-lib@9.0.1)
Cordova Platforms : not available
Cordova Plugins : cordova-plugin-ionic-keyboard 2.2.0, cordova-plugin-ionic-webview 1.2.1, (and 12 other plugins)

Utility:

cordova-res : 0.9.0
native-run : 0.3.0

System:

Android SDK Tools : 26.1.1 (C:\Users\ISSOUFOU Moussa\Documents\Apowersoft\Android\android-sdk)
NodeJS : v12.13.0 (C:\Program Files\nodejs\node.exe)
npm : 6.14.2

help me please

1 Like

did u find the solution am facing the same running on android 8.1

Ionic Framework v5 only supports Android 5.0+: https://ionicframework.com/docs/reference/browser-support#mobile-browsers.

3 Likes

so i need to downgrade to ionic 4? to support all devices

Or you might not need to support android 4 at all. Android 4s market share has dropped below 5% of user. Check your own analytics to see if you even need to support it. You might not.

1 Like

mine is working on my device (android v6) great but cant work(only shows white screen on android v8.1 devices.
my project is ionic v.6 angular v 10 node v 12

On the android 8.1 device, have you attached the chrome devtools and inspect? Your post title says android 4.4, so not sure why the 8.1 version wasn’t brought up

2 Likes

oh the originator isn’t me i was asking him if he found a way to solve his.
i just posted mine the system rejected it as i had replied many times…

so i need to debug it from the device ?

:see_no_evil: My mistake!

Yes, I would debug it on the device to see if anything is printed to the console.

1 Like

i tried chrome ://inspect# devices didnt work on my browser
is there any other way to know what is causing this android 6.1 not to work with my ionic6 app while on other devices (early & new versions) works

1. Make sure your device is setup for developer mode
  2. Make sure the device has usb-debugging enabled

That is probably why it’s not showing up.

all those are set
what do u suspect might cause ionic app to run well on android v6 and on v9 but not on v8.1
have u ever came across such irregularity?

Nope, haven’t really. if it’s an emulator, it could be an out of date system webview. But I would suggest researching why your app cannot be inspected. Are you deploying a debug build of your app to the device?

its a the output apk build of “build apks” option of android studio