Ionic-filter-bar customisation

Hi everyone,

I am wondering how difficult would it be to use ionic-filter-bar with a search button and when the search button is clicked, it sends a request to a server.

I love the look and feel of the ionic-filter-bar but I do not want it to filter any list, I want it to send a get request when the user hits the search button.

Would I need to manually change the ionic-filter-bar js files?

Would it be best to build my own search bar directive?

Any advice, much appreciated.

Are you talking about GitHub - djett41/ionic-filter-bar: Filter Bar plugin for the Ionic Framework?

Would I need to manually change the ionic-filter-bar js files?

Probably, as this is built for a different use case.

Would it be best to build my own search bar directive?

Probably yes, just use the code of ionic-filter-bar to get the styles and design, then replace all the logic to make it work your way.

Yea I agree. I think the easiest approach for me to take is to just edit the js files used in the ionic-filter-bar directive. Thanks for the advice!

Sorry @niallr and @Sujan12 I have been meaning to spend some time with this, there are a few pull requests that attempt to address this although I havent gotten around to them (Just released an app so was busy with that).

This is definitely something I would like to add in the near future! Feel free to contribute anything you have come u with

Thanks,
Devin