Ionic Desktop Support

Hi,

I am creating a desktop application in Ionic 2 and want to run it on Windows 10 Edge Desktop Browser.

I want to know Ionic2 supports which version of Windows 10 Edge Browser for Desktop ?

Ionic runs everywhere where html5 and js are working.
Do you mean native Integration?
What do you want to to make? a plugin for edge? a PWA running on edge? a Windows 10 app or a Windows 10 ionic program(with electron)?

I am making a PWA running on edge. but some things are not working for this browser.
for eg. <ion-input type=“text” [(ngModel)]=“formInput.EmpNo” [disabled]=true>

[disabled]=true is not working for ion-input in edge.

If you double click on the disabled field and hit “delete” on the keyboard , the disabled field will get deleted. same thing works perfectly fine for chrome. but have found this issue on edge.

@ionic/app-scripts : 3.0.1
Cordova Platforms : none
Ionic Framework : ionic-angular 2.2.0
Node : v6.11.3
npm : 5.5.1

This version is >1 year old. How about upgrading?

When you update, it should work. I think in your version, that disabled property does not get passed down to the underlying input element. That was fixed in later updates as far as i know.

1 Like

try disabled without any arguments or ‘[’
[property]=“var_name” // read binding to var
property=“true” or property // both do the same and with argument you need the ‘"’

ps: I personally wouldn’t care much about Microsofts browsers if they still make their own thing and want everyone to adopt cause they have the monopole with windows and force new users to use edge. You could add a disclaimer that it works better in chrome as example, but only do such things if the error is not that you forget to add ‘"’.

property="true" sets the property to the string “true” as far as I know. If you want to set it to the boolean-value true, it should be
property="{{true}}"
or
[property]="true"
or just
property