Ionic-cli run task: set device of simulator

Hi,
I would like to run the iOS simulator with a different device setting (iPad). afaik ionic-cli uses ios-sim under the hood. ios-sim supports a “–family” argument, e.g. “–family ipad” to use iPad as simulated device.
Is there an arg for “ionic ios run” that can be used for this?
Kind Regards,
Jan

CLI Livereload iPad

Hey there, ionic wraps cordova, which as far as I know (from a few cursory google searches) doesn’t allow any way to specify the “–family” argument from the command line.

So your best bet is probably to just use the ios-sim command directly, since that is all cordova does for iOS.

For everybody else searching the way to replace the default emulate behavior, in place of using ionic emulate ios, you can use

cordova emulate ios --target="iPhone"
cordova emulate ios --target="iPad"
cordova emulate ios --target="iPad (Retina)"
cordova emulate ios --target="iPhone (Retina 3.5-inch)"
cordova emulate ios --target="iPhone (Retina 4-inch)" 

Source: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/22310526/cordova-start-specific-ios-emulator-image

cheers

Don’t suppose anyone has discovered the settings to enable the iOS emulator to run in iPhone 6/6 Plus mode? I’ve tried a few things i.e running ios-sim directly using the --devicetypeid iPhone-6:-

ios-sim launch “app path here” --devicetypeid iPhone-6

But it still opens in iPhone 4S mode (default I guess).

I’ve also tried:-

cordova emulate ios --target=“iPhone-6”

Which didn’t work and bought up a message:-

‘Usage of ‘–family’ is deprecated in 3.x. Use --devicetypeid instead.’
‘Usage of ‘–retina’ is deprecated in 3.x. Use --devicetypeid instead.’

I’m running:
ios-sim - version 3.0.0
cordova - version 3.6.3-0.2.13
ionic - version 1.2.5

Cheers for any pointers

Check this https://github.com/phonegap/ios-sim/issues/111 (I didn’t tried thou)

Brilliant, it worked a treat!

ios-sim launch “app path here” --devicetypeid "com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimDeviceType.iPhone-6, 8.0"
ios-sim launch “app path here” --devicetypeid “com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimDeviceType.iPhone-6-Plus, 8.0”

Many thanks

Any thoughts on how to make

ionic emulate run
ios-sim launch “app path here” --devicetypeid “com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimDeviceType.iPhone-6, 8.0”

instead?

What did you type as the “app path here”?
Tried this to no avail. Thanks!

Hi, I simply entered the absolute system path to where my app is located e.g users/owner/ionic_projects/test/platforms/ios/test/test.app

So in the terminal it would be:-

ios-sim launch users/owner/ionic_projects/test/platforms/ios/test/test.app --devicetypeid “com.apple.CoreSimulator.SimDeviceType.iPhone-6, 8.0”

Hope that helps

Type
$ ios-sim showdevicetypes
to see list of device names, then set device name you want in ‘–target’ option, ex:
$ ionic emulate ios --target=“iPhone-6-Plus”

Thank you all for the answers.
Thank you trbhoang for the suggestion, it worked great for me, since I am just now getting involved with and learning ionic.