Ionic 4 seems to break VS Code intellisense within templates files

Since I installed Ionic 4 beta (and Angular 6), I can’t cmd + click anymore from any .html template file.

Intellisense seems to work well with .ts files (auto completion, links, even cmd + click).

Checked with VS Code 1.25.1.

Any idea ?

Ionic:

ionic (Ionic CLI)          : 4.0.3 (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/ionic)
   Ionic Framework            : @ionic/angular 4.0.0-beta.1
   @angular-devkit/core       : 0.7.0-rc.3
   @angular-devkit/schematics : 0.7.0-rc.3
   @angular/cli               : 6.0.8
   @ionic/ng-toolkit          : 1.0.0
   @ionic/schematics-angular  : 1.0.1
@Component({
  selector: 'app-page-home',
  templateUrl: 'home.page.html',
  styleUrls: ['home.page.scss']
})

Are you saying when you attempt to cmd-click on the home.page.html it no longer works. It might be a VS Code issue and not an Ionic one. Suspecting the name.type.extension might be confusing their parser.

Thanks for reply. But my problem is not exactly that.

Within templates files, you could have some : (click)="myFunction()" or {{ user.firstname }}.
But when I cmd + click on the function or the variable name, nothing append.

I already have some Angular projects that work fine with VS Code. But all my Ionic one’s stop working (cmd+click).

I even have a workspace file with several projects (1 Ionic, 2 Angular, 3 Node, 1 HTML). The Angular’s one are ok, but the Ionic one is ko :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I even try ng new myProject and the cmd + click doesn’t work too. Could it be an Angular version related problem ?

It seems to be a compatibility problem between the Angular Language Service extension and specific TypeScript (or Angular) ND @angular/language-service versions.

After two days working on, I’ve found the origin of the problem :tada:

Since some projects were working and others no, I’ve checked projects structures (file after file), update and downgrade Angular, Ionic, Node, TypeScript (and more). I’ve even create a new user on macOS to check VS Code prefs.

Believe it or not, it was simply a character in the path :face_with_raised_eyebrow: In french, we use many accented letters. So I recently created a new folder Développement for some projects. I simply changed it to Developpement and all woked fine again :ok_hand:

Première règle du fight club, pas d’accent dans les chemins et système de fichiers, pas de problème :wink:

Ps je me plante aussi tj, développement en anglais qu’un p, development

1 Like