Ionic 3 IOS Xcode 10 OneSignal Problem

Hi, So i have been stuck for almost a month, OneSignal on IOS is causing alot of Issues,

I have developed an App for Chat and Push Notifications, for Chat i am using Firebase and for Push notifications i am using OneSignal. On Android Its working fine but on IOS it’s giving me nightmares.
I am following the OneSignal documentation but every time i found the following errors,

1). OneSignal.h file header not found.
2). Bridge header not found
3). FirebaseCore.h not found.

My Ionic CLI
25%20PM

Please help ! I am using Xcode 10

Nothing ? Can’t anyone help ?

Hi,
I was struggling with OneSignal integration, too and found, that it is crucial to have the right versions for all necessary libraries etc.
Just guessing from your picture, I think it may be an issue with the actual Cordova plugin not being compatible with Ionic 3.
Did you already try removing the plugin and re-installing it?
Or a complete rebuild of the iOS platform project?

Alex

Try this:

1 - After you add the ios platform, enter the folder platform/ios and use the command “pod install”

2 - Build the ios platform using the flag --buildFlag="-UseModernBuildSystem=0" (ionic cordova build ios --buildFlag="-UseModernBuildSystem=0")

3 - On Xcode, change to legacy build (File > Workspace properties > Legacy build system

4 - Follow the Onesignal SDK setup (https://documentation.onesignal.com/docs/ionic-sdk-setup)

Yes @alex796 i have tried everything, but nothing seems to be working.

hi @tokuhara yes i have tried this also but no luck

Okay :-/ Since I’m on Ionic 4 I cannot provide you a working example project for Ionic 3, I’m sorry.

The staff at OneSignal are very helpful. Perhaps try and ask them.

Okay, Well do you implemented Onesignal push notifications on Ionic 4 ? Does it causing any issue over there ?

It works here with Xcode/iOS.

But keep in mind that it will require certain changes in your app when upgrading to Ionic 4 (for example routing and the project structure is different).

Hi @pendora7
Try this:

pod repo update
After uninstall and install OneSignal again

ionic cordova plugin rm onesignal-cordova-plugin
ionic cordova plugin add onesignal-cordova-plugin

I am using cordova-ios 5.0.0 to XCode 10.x

ionic cordova platform rm ios
ionic cordova platform add ios@5.0.0

It works for me

Greetings

2 Likes