Ionic 3.7.0 and App-Scripts 3.0.0 are out!

As usual my trusty Twitter bot @IonicRelease just found and tweeted out these two new releases:

At the same time Dan from Ionic already created a blog post with all the info needed:

Happy Thursday Ionites! We’re hope you’re enjoying all that Autumn :fallen_leaf: – the best season – has to offer. Today we’re releasing ionic-angular 3.7.0 and @ionic/app-scripts 3.0.0. These releases have a lot to offer, so let’s dive into each of them.

Direct links to the changelogs entries:

https://github.com/ionic-team/ionic/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md#370-2017-09-28
https://github.com/ionic-team/ionic-app-scripts/blob/master/CHANGELOG.md#300-2017-09-28

First experiences anyone?

1 Like

I just read the blog post. This sounds amazing. I’m really excited. Going to update right now.

EDIT: Quick comment: I had to install @angular/animations also, it isn’t mentioned in the blog post. Doing a trial run of my main app now.

The for pointing this out as always!

For the record I tested tonight my app with the iPhoneX simulator and I’ve to say I’m really pleased with the first compatibility improvements the Ionic team built for iPhoneX. My app seems to be compatible. Splash, status bar, footer, action sheets, modals, etc. are right in place

1 Like

why it is showing “[14:22:23] uglifyjs started …” during build instead of “uglifyes”. When ionic team have stated

Version 3.0.0 deprecated support for Rollup, Closure Compiler, and Babili. The support for these was poor and they were not used by many developers. uglifyjs was replaced with the newer uglifyes, which supports ES2015.

:slight_smile:

1 Like

Becuase they only changed the Import from uglifyjs to uglifyes but not the code and the logger construction:

You might want to create an issue on Github so they know about it and can fix it.
OR you might even want to create a super simple PR that changes this line!

1 Like

First android build with error:

Error: Cannot find module 'ncp'

Any idea?

@ionic/cli-utils  : 1.12.0
    ionic (Ionic CLI) : 3.12.0

global packages:

cordova (Cordova CLI) : 7.0.1

local packages:

@ionic/app-scripts : 3.0.0
    Cordova Platforms  : android 6.2.3
    Ionic Framework    : ionic-angular 3.7.1

System:

Android SDK Tools : 25.2.5
    Node              : v6.9.2
    npm               : 5.3.0
    OS                : Windows 7

PS
Sorry, this is not related to the ionic update. Just manual installed missing package

1 Like