Ionic 2 tutorial for web app

Hi,
I am looking for a tutorial on how to get started from scratch on creating an ionic 2 web based application using webpack preferably using node.js as a back-end. All the stuff I am seeing is using starter templates, but I kind of want to see what I am programming from start to finish and I do not want to use cordova which most of the tutorials use.
Thanks

Ionic is built on top of cordova, so an Ionic app that doesn’t use cordova is sort of like a car with no wheels, and will probably drive in similar manner.

On ionic 1 using Cordova meant you were building a mobile app and not a web app is that no longer the case? Is there a way to build a strictly web based app in ionic 2?

I’m not sure I agree with your characterization of Ionic 1. Ionic has always been about cross-platform mobile apps, and has always been built atop Cordova.

So I’ll rephrase the question is there a tutorial on how to build a strictly web based app from scratch (without using a premade template). Preferably using node as a back end. It seems like most of the tutorials use ionic serve which I don’t think I want I just want webpack to transpile for me and use it similarly to the way I would in ionic 1.

Just my own opinion, but I would not (and in fact do not) use Ionic for that. I use angular-cli and material2.

Ya I’m thinking ionic may not be the way to go as well but I wanted the option to convert to a native app later, which is why I was leaning towards ionic

See: http://robferguson.org/2017/04/29/build-a-desktop-application-with-ionic-3-and-angular-4/

You’ll have to make your own call about this, but I feel Ionic’s UX in a browser isn’t as good as angular/material2. It’s serviceable for development, but as of now I wouldn’t feel comfortable deploying it. That may change, or you may very well feel differently, and I absolutely would not criticize that decision.

See: https://robferguson.org/blog/2017/11/09/build-a-desktop-application-with-ionic-3-and-electron/