Incremental java compilation is an incubating feature

Any one have this issue when ionic run is performed?

The build process does not continue past this point…

This is the log after linting is completed:

add to body class: platform-android

ANDROID_HOME=/Users/xxx/Downloads/android-sdk-macosx

JAVA_HOME=/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_101.jdk/Contents/Home

Starting a new Gradle Daemon for this build (subsequent builds will be faster).

null

org.xwalk:xwalk_core_library:21+

Incremental java compilation is an incubating feature.

EDIT:
After waiting for ~8 min, the build finally went through. I suppose this is a new feature with Gradle 2.1.

Mine is currently at 20 minutes and still hasnt completed. Did you ever find a resolution to this?

Interesting. I dont remember what exactly I did, but I do remember that I had to upgrade the android version. What ionic version are you using?

2.1.1 I’m wondering if I need to do a fresh installation of node, ionic and cordova. Also, I’m on jdk1.7.0_79 and I see that it is recommended to use 1.8.0_131.

I had to do a complete reinstall of all of these components on my laptop (personal machine) so there I’m using the new JDK, ionic 3.0, Cordova 7.0.1, npm 3.10.10, and node 6.10.3 which it is now performing builds in under 3 minutes (still not near as fast as my builds used to be).

The other machine is now taking over 1.5 HOURS TO BUILD (which is unusable as we have a lot of apps we build out) and is my production environment so I worry about tearing node, ionic, and cordova to the ground and building fresh. Maybe that is the right answer.

Thoughts?

It goes beyond “recommended”. JDK <1.8 simply won’t work. You will get errors about unsupported bytecode.

Ionic cordova build stucked at "Incremental java compilation is an incubating feature."