Ionic Build Android Stuck At Incremental Java Compilation Is An Incubating Feature For Over 20 Minutes Now

I have ran the command “ionic build android” and it gets to the line “Incremental java compilation is an incubating feature” and hangs. Stuck here for 20 minutes now. I have been building from CLI for over a year with this projects and it would build in less than a minute, now over 20 minutes and still waiting.

Does anyone have any ideas why it would do this?

add to body class: platform-android

ANDROID_HOME=C:\Users\bgoforth\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk

JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_79

Starting a new Gradle Daemon for this build (subsequent builds will be faster).

Incremental java compilation is an incubating feature.

^CTerminate batch job (Y/N)? y

C:\Users\bgoforth\Desktop\Work\Projects\testPUSHREPO\trunk>ionic build android
Running command: "C:\Program Files\nodejs\node.exe" C:\Users\bgoforth\Desktop\Work\Projects\testPUSHREPO\trunk\hooks\after_prepare\010_add_platform_class.js C:\Users\bgoforth\Desktop\Work\Projects\testPUSHREPO\trunk

add to body class: platform-android

ANDROID_HOME=C:\Users\bgoforth\AppData\Local\Android\android-sdk

JAVA_HOME=C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.7.0_79

Starting a new Gradle Daemon for this build (subsequent builds will be faster).

Parallel execution with configuration on demand is an incubating feature.

Incremental java compilation is an incubating feature.

Did you change anything on your system? Android-SDK, Java JDK etc…

I think you ended Java Platform SE binary from task manager. Try restarting your computer.

I updated node to support angular 2/4 development to version 6.1 and my other settings are NPM 3.10.10, Cordova 6.3.1, ionic 2.1.1. Does any of this look like it could be causing it to take this long? It did finally build the apk 1hour 45minutes. EEESH…

Not really, although these are all not the newest and best that is out there…

Just FYI, we had a call to “outside the local network” that was being hindered. Call was to an IP that resolved to this URL http://repo1.maven.org/maven2/. Once we whitelisted the call to this URL, builds back down to 10 seconds. Thanks for looking into this?

1 Like

hi @billy_comic how did you monitor the “outside the local network” call? Im experiencing this problem for days now

Ours ended up being a new network restriction put in place by our security team. They just had to go whitelist that URL and then all requests passed through.

1 Like