Icon / splash screen for Android

Is there anything special that needs to be done to enable a custom splash screen / icon for Android?
I’ve edited all of the icons and splash screens in www/res/icon/android/ and www/res/screen/android/ but they are still not showing up when I use cordova run android

Any help is appreciated, thanks

Hey,
did you create the specific dirs like drawable-port-ldpi

take a look at http://docs.phonegap.com/en/3.3.0/config_ref_images.md.html#Icons%20and%20Splash%20Screens
for mor information.

Hi neilff,

I am also looking for solution for icon and splash for my app (demo : http://www.eddytools.com/demo/assessment-quiz/mobile-screen.php).
I am using Adobe phonegap builder (https://build.phonegap.com/) and i tried to update config.xml before build but it is taking default icon of cordova.

please update if u get any solution.

Best Regards

For App icon, don’t forget to specify it inside the AndroidManifest file.
Example

<application android:debuggable="true" android:hardwareAccelerated="true" android:icon="@drawable/ic_launcher" android:label="@string/app_name">

Where ic_launcher is the name of the icon image file copied to different drawable folders.

1 Like

Sat’s post fixed the issue for me, thanks

Do according to the instructions http://docs.phonegap.com/en/3.4.0/config_ref_images.md.html#Icons%20and%20Splash%20Screens but splash screen does not appear.
Where to write the name of the application that will be displayed under the icon in the menu?

in your www/ folder there is a config.xml with the infos of the app. Here you can change the title or description etc.

How to Add Icons to Your Ionic Framework Apps

I used this:
http://learn.ionicframework.com/formulas/adding-an-icon/
and worked perfectly for me.
:confused:

http://ionicframework.com/blog/automating-icons-and-splash-screens/
worked for me.

A little late in this discussion, but thought it worth mentioning that for PhoneGap Build, a different set of entries in your config.xml is required (does anyone know why this is not standardized?):

<icon gap:platform="android" src="resources/android/icon/drawable-ldpi-icon.png" gap:qualifier="ldpi"/>
  <icon gap:platform="android" src="resources/android/icon/drawable-mdpi-icon.png" gap:qualifier="mdpi"/>
  <icon gap:platform="android" src="resources/android/icon/drawable-hdpi-icon.png" gap:qualifier="hdpi"/>
  <icon gap:platform="android" src="resources/android/icon/drawable-xhdpi-icon.png" gap:qualifier="xhdpi"/>
  <icon gap:platform="android" src="resources/android/icon/drawable-xxhdpi-icon.png" gap:qualifier="xxhdpi"/>
  <icon gap:platform="android" src="resources/android/icon/drawable-xxxhdpi-icon.png" gap:qualifier="xxxhdpi"/>
  <icon gap:platform="ios" src="resources/ios/icon/icon.png" width="57" height="57"/>
  <icon gap:platform="ios" src="resources/ios/icon/icon@2x.png" width="114" height="114"/>
  <icon gap:platform="ios" src="resources/ios/icon/icon-40.png" width="40" height="40"/>
  <icon gap:platform="ios" src="resources/ios/icon/icon-40@2x.png" width="80" height="80"/>
  <icon gap:platform="ios" src="resources/ios/icon/icon-50.png" width="50" height="50"/>
  <icon gap:platform="ios" src="resources/ios/icon/icon-50@2x.png" width="100" height="100"/>
  <icon gap:platform="ios" src="resources/ios/icon/icon-60.png" width="60" height="60"/>
  <icon gap:platform="ios" src="resources/ios/icon/icon-60@2x.png" width="120" height="120"/>
  <icon gap:platform="ios" src="resources/ios/icon/icon-60@3x.png" width="180" height="180"/>
  <icon gap:platform="ios" src="resources/ios/icon/icon-72.png" width="72" height="72"/>
  <icon gap:platform="ios" src="resources/ios/icon/icon-72@2x.png" width="144" height="144"/>
  <icon gap:platform="ios" src="resources/ios/icon/icon-76.png" width="76" height="76"/>
  <icon gap:platform="ios" src="resources/ios/icon/icon-76@2x.png" width="152" height="152"/>
  <icon gap:platform="ios" src="resources/ios/icon/icon-small.png" width="29" height="29"/>
  <icon gap:platform="ios" src="resources/ios/icon/icon-small@2x.png" width="58" height="58"/>
  <gap:splash gap:platform="android" src="resources/android/splash/drawable-land-ldpi-screen.png" gap:qualifier="land-ldpi"/>
  <gap:splash gap:platform="android" src="resources/android/splash/drawable-land-mdpi-screen.png" gap:qualifier="land-mdpi"/>
  <gap:splash gap:platform="android" src="resources/android/splash/drawable-land-hdpi-screen.png" gap:qualifier="land-hdpi"/>
  <gap:splash gap:platform="android" src="resources/android/splash/drawable-land-xhdpi-screen.png" gap:qualifier="land-xhdpi"/>
  <gap:splash gap:platform="android" src="resources/android/splash/drawable-land-xxhdpi-screen.png" gap:qualifier="land-xxhdpi"/>
  <gap:splash gap:platform="android" src="resources/android/splash/drawable-land-xxxhdpi-screen.png" gap:qualifier="land-xxxhdpi"/>
  <gap:splash gap:platform="android" src="resources/android/splash/drawable-port-ldpi-screen.png" gap:qualifier="port-ldpi"/>
  <gap:splash gap:platform="android" src="resources/android/splash/drawable-port-mdpi-screen.png" gap:qualifier="port-mdpi"/>
  <gap:splash gap:platform="android" src="resources/android/splash/drawable-port-hdpi-screen.png" gap:qualifier="port-hdpi"/>
  <gap:splash gap:platform="android" src="resources/android/splash/drawable-port-xhdpi-screen.png" gap:qualifier="port-xhdpi"/>
  <gap:splash gap:platform="android" src="resources/android/splash/drawable-port-xxhdpi-screen.png" gap:qualifier="port-xxhdpi"/>
  <gap:splash gap:platform="android" src="resources/android/splash/drawable-port-xxxhdpi-screen.png" gap:qualifier="port-xxxhdpi"/>
  <gap:splash gap:platform="ios" src="resources/ios/splash/Default-568h@2x~iphone.png" width="640" height="1136"/>
  <gap:splash gap:platform="ios" src="resources/ios/splash/Default-667h.png" width="750" height="1334"/>
  <gap:splash gap:platform="ios" src="resources/ios/splash/Default-736h.png" width="1242" height="2208"/>
  <gap:splash gap:platform="ios" src="resources/ios/splash/Default-Landscape-736h.png" width="2208" height="1242"/>
  <gap:splash gap:platform="ios" src="resources/ios/splash/Default-Landscape@2x~ipad.png" width="2048" height="1536"/>
  <gap:splash gap:platform="ios" src="resources/ios/splash/Default-Landscape~ipad.png" width="1024" height="768"/>
  <gap:splash gap:platform="ios" src="resources/ios/splash/Default-Portrait@2x~ipad.png" width="1536" height="2048"/>
  <gap:splash gap:platform="ios" src="resources/ios/splash/Default-Portrait~ipad.png" width="768" height="1024"/>
  <gap:splash gap:platform="ios" src="resources/ios/splash/Default@2x~iphone.png" width="640" height="960"/>
  <gap:splash gap:platform="ios" src="resources/ios/splash/Default~iphone.png" width="320" height="480"/>

great thanks so much for this