Freelance - Replace Cordova Calls with Angular/HTML 5 Equivalents

Hi,

This project is 100% remote, however I’m in the NYC area and can meet if necessary. Can even pay under the table if needed.

I have an app that works and builds on iOS, Android and Web currently. There is, however some difficulty building using --prod.

Apple changed the TOS of the App Store so I now need to release the app as a PWA/mobile web site.

Need to optimize it with a service worker, lazy loading and have a decent lighthouse score.

The following plugins don’t work on the web since they are Cordova based:

cordova-plugin-camera 2.4.1 “Camera”
cordova-plugin-compat 1.2.0 “Compat”
cordova-plugin-console 1.1.0 “Console”
cordova-plugin-device 1.1.7 “Device”
cordova-plugin-fcm 2.1.2 “FCMPlugin”
cordova-plugin-geolocation 2.4.3 “Geolocation”
cordova-plugin-inapppurchase 1.1.0 “In App Purchase”
cordova-plugin-splashscreen 4.1.0 “Splashscreen”
cordova-plugin-statusbar 2.4.2 “StatusBar”
cordova-plugin-whitelist 1.3.3 “Whitelist”
ionic-plugin-keyboard 2.2.1 “Keyboard”

Some are barely used and unimportant in web/browser (Device). Others are required for the app to work (GeoLocation, In App Purchase, Camera).

These basically need to be replaced with Angular/HTML 5 type calls so we can run as a mobile website or PWA.

Please, no people outside the USA. Too many cultural and work ethic problems doing international outsourcing have caused this project to be delayed by YEARS. (I’m not exaggerating).

Prefer USA based and milestone based pricing. I’m a guy paying you from my own wages to do this app, so please take it easy in the quotes. ha ha ha. I’m a former C++ developer (20 years ago) and I’m just finding it too hard to get all of these details down fast enough to get this app out in a timely manner and need expert help.

Thanks!

Please send a private message here if you’d be kind enough to help me out.

NOTE: A company named CIS from India spams posts like this like crazy on this forum. Please don’t even try. Already half a dozen private responses from people at CIS trying to pretend they aren’t working there, but are freelancers. I won’t hire CIS (again) for this project. Bad experience with them before. They are why this simple project has been YEARS in the making.

I’m in AUS, rather than USA, but I have no cultural prejudices against “USA”, so happy to help! :wink:

What version of Ionic is it?
Do you have the full source code?

It looks like you can safely remove most of those Cordova plugins, they are not necessary for a PWA.

You can replace camera with…
https://ionic-pwa-camera-no-plugins.firebaseapp.com/
…dead easy to implement and works really well.

You can replace Geolocation with…

…again, very simple.

Not sure you need any of the other stuff?

PS: In app purchase is replaced with any web based payment system, e.g. Paypal. (Pocket the Apple commission!)

Shouldn’t take you more than an hour, or two.

Also, my apologies. I got a little upset with all the CIS spams and went off a bit on one of my responses to one. Due to the UI on here being a little confusing, I ended up posting the inappropriate response to this thread instead of in a return message to the CIS employee doing the spamming. This obviously got the thread flagged.

It wasn’t my intention to do that.

Sorry.