Existing android studio to ionic

Hi
I have an apps in the playstore which was built by android studio. Current version of the app is 14.
Now I want to create new update 15 by ionic and want to update in google playstore.

Plz help

All you need to do is make sure the app id’s match and you sign the new app with the same signing cert as the first app.

Thank you. signing cert- what does it mean ? Will u plz explain ?

When you created your first app that you have in the Google Play store, it was digitally signed with a certificate. That same certificate must be used for any update to that app.

Chris

Thnak you so much. But how can I use that. I have .jks file. But how can I use that? I have used Signerapk for signing and aligning file by using existing jks file. it build successfully. But when I uploaded, it show sha number is not correct. plz help me by giving detail.

hi, i kind of have the opposite problem, i created my app using the browser, never emulated it with android or ios emulator, i had few problems with androis sdk so i said when i’ll finish the while thing i’ll try to emulated on android, now am struggling too many topics but i still can’t figure it out, can you please suggest me a way to see my app on my android? should i use some android editor or what?
Thank you :slight_smile:

ionic run android

above command will help u to run in your android. what kind of sdk problem u r facing. I m not clear what of help u r actually looking.

when i run : ionic build android i get no problems but once i run: ionic emulate android i get an error about the sdk, teling me i shloud use the 23 version, and i have the 24, it tells me to go to android management tools, i go there i choose the 23 version sdk and management tools, i unstall the whole thing then i get again the same error, i don’t know why, i wish i could fix this problem so i can emulate my app on android devices and see the results.
Thank you.

change AndroidManifest.xml in platform/android
there change 23 to 24. hope it will work

i did it but i’ve got this error:
module.js:341
throw err;
^

Error: Cannot find module 'umask’
at Function.Module._resolveFilename (module.js:339:15)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:290:25)
at Module.require (module.js:367:17)
at require (internal/module.js:16:19)
at Object. (c:\Users\bouchra\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\cor
dova\node_modules\npm\lib\utils\umask.js:1:75)
at Module._compile (module.js:413:34)
at Object.Module._extensions…js (module.js:422:10)
at Module.load (module.js:357:32)
at Function.Module._load (module.js:314:12)
at Module.require (module.js:367:17)

I dont have any idea