Error when launching IOS emulator

Hi,

I’m getting this error when launching IOS emulator:

Emulating app on platform ios
Running command: /Users/myself/Sites/tests/ionic/todo/platforms/ios/cordova/run --emulator
Cordova needs ios-sim version 1.7 or greater, you have version .
Error: /Users/myself/Sites/tests/ionic/todo/platforms/ios/cordova/run: Command failed with exit code 1
at ChildProcess.whenDone (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/cordova/node_modules/cordova-lib/src/cordova/superspawn.js:131:23)
at ChildProcess.EventEmitter.emit (events.js:98:17)
at maybeClose (child_process.js:743:16)
at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (child_process.js:810:5)
ERROR: Unable to emulate app on platform ios. Please see console for more info.
Exiting.

ios-sim is installed and I have version 1.9 running. So not sure why I’m getting this error.
If anyone can help me out here?

thanks!

Does the emulator event start up?
How did you install ios-sim? Did you run sudo npm install -g ios-sim?

The emulator doesn’t start up.
Yep, did the installation sudo npm install -g ios-sim

This line:

Cordova needs ios-sim version 1.7 or greater, you have version .

seems to imply that you don’t have the correct version of ios-sim. What does running ios-sim --version print out?

OP already stated this

Do you have xcodes Command line tools installed?

This is strange, when I run ios-sim --version I get this Killed 9

Yep, XCode Command Line installed

It appears that something is forcefully killing your ios simulator. Do you have any related / auxillary programs running in the background like a unit test process or some custom build process that could be causing this?

Very good question, the only thing I can come up is a watch task for my SASS files.
I could reinstall OS X Command Line Tools but it seems to be unavailable from the update server.

I’m running OS X Mavericks, maybe there’s something in this version that’s blocking the simulator?

Hmm strange, now it seems to work. I created a new blank project with some custom CSS and HTML, added ios platform => build => emulate and it seems to be working.

Maybe there was a small bug when creating my other project?

Hmm, possibly. Cordova’s commands can be problematic sometimes, especially if you update the project to a new version (say 3.4 to 3.5).

Glad to hear that it’s all resolved now though!