Error: spawn /Users/{name}/Library/Android/sdk/platform-tools/adb ENOENT

When trying to run the ionic example demo app on an android device I get the following error.

> cordova build android
> native-run android --app platforms/android/app/build/outputs/apk/debug/app-debug.apk --forward 8100:8100
[native-run] Error: spawn /Users/mike/Library/Android/sdk/platform-tools/adb ENOENT
[native-run] at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:267:19)
[native-run] at onErrorNT (internal/child_process.js:469:16)
[native-run] at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:84:21)
[ **ERROR** ] **An error occurred while running subprocess** **native-run** **.**

It appears “platform-tools” is in a different location now? When I look in the android sdk folder there are now 2 nested folders like “platform-tools/platforms-tools/” which is where the adb file is now located. Where do I need to update the config in order to run ionic on android devices now?

When I look in the android sdk folder there are now 2 nested folders like “platform-tools/platforms-tools/” which is where the adb file is now located.

That’s weird. On my machine it’s just Library/Android/sdk/platform-tools/adb. Perhaps something went wrong with your Android SDK installation?

It’s a brand new install. (Actually, new iMac so everything has been installed fresh… ionic cli, npm, JDK8, Gradle, Android SDK, set up environmental variables, etc.)

I’ve also noticed there is no “tools” directory anymore in Android Studio (indicates SDK Tools is now obsolete) so I did not include that in the env variables config as is still outlined in the cordova docs.

Is anyone using a new/current install of Android Studio and noticed the change in file structure? How do I configure things to work with ionic?

I just re-installed Android Studio on my laptop two days ago.

That did it. Bizarre. Did a standard install but apparently somehow it added the extra folder. Did a complete uninstall and reinstalled from scratch and sure enough the file structure is normal again. Thanks!