Do I have to use the cloud service from ionic?

Hi, I am really sorry if it seems too stupid question. I am new and studding ionic and confused weather to start it or not. I am not being able to understand ionic price module.
Is it possible to build app and use in production for client without the ionic cloud service?
I am looking to create app versions of dynamic eCommerce website and want to get the JSON data from the client’s server. So in this case can I build ionic app version for the website using the website already designed database?

Thanks in advance !!

You don’t need cloud service you can use any database you want. Just get json object in your app and then do what you want. On your eCommerce website you should create api which returns object for your app and it doesn’t matter what kind of database you have it is sql, mongo or anything else

Thank you so much.
So it is possible to create apps for eCommerce website with a different hosting server and it is free for production?

and one last thing, when do I need to use ionic service (which is $20/app/month) ?
Thanks again…

certainly it is possible to create apps for eCommerce website with a different hosting server and it is free for production. And what about ionic service (which is $20/app/month), you don’t have to use it for example unless you need more then 10,000 notification in a month