Different folder structure created when project started on windows

I am on a win7x64 system, I just updated Ionic & cordova this morning. I created a new project using “ionic start appX blank” in Git powershell. But, in the previous version of Ionic I was using, it would create a folder structure with appX as the root and then the project folders hooks, platforms, etc directly below it:
appX
–hooks
–platforms
–etc …

But following the update to the latest version the following folder structure is created

appX
ionic-app-base-master
----hooks
----etc …

Once I create the project and cd to “appX”, it will cough up a Current working directory is not a Cordova-based project error when I try and add the android platform, but if I cd into ionic-app-base-master I can add the android platform just fine. Is this new sub-folder ionic-app-base-master indented or nor for new projects on windows?

edit: additionally, the folder structure is significantly different. For example, in the new project, www/lib/ionic does not have a js or scss folder.

Thanks,

versions installed:
node: 0.12.0
cordova 4.2.0
ionic: 1.3.8

1 Like

Please try downgrading ionic to 1.3.4.

Looks like something is broken after 1.3.5 in the sequence of steps in version 1.3.5 and later.

-Z

Cordova looks for the “www” directory in the root of your project. I don’t know why you’re having said behavior. I had same issue but my situation was that i had renamed the “www” folder to “app”. Then, when trying to add the android platform(“ionic platform add android”), I was getting the same error(“Current working directory is not a Cordova-based project”). Renaming the folder to “www” fixed it.