Custom Starter Templates without app-base-master www

Hello,

I’m trying to create my own custom template for my ionic projects. Basically it’s just the ionic scaffolding, but organized a different way (I’ve renamed the js folder to app). I am succesfully able to run:
ionic start myApp GitHub - chriswnewman/tidy-ionic-starter: More organized scaffolding for Ionic projects

All of the content from the repo is in the www folder. However, the folder also includes content from the app base, namely the js folder with an app.js file. So now I have to remove that folder and file every time.

I’m not sure if this is intended behavior or not based on the following statement in the documentation on starter templates:

“A starter template is what becomes the www directory within the Cordova project.”

I expected that only the content from the git repo would go into the www folder. Is it possible to add an option to the start command that either points to an app base without a default www? Or maybe the option would specify to completely replace the default www with the template as opposed to merging them?

Let me know what you think.

PS-
Environment info:
Cordova CLI: 6.1.1
Ionic Version: 1.3.0
Ionic CLI Version: 1.7.14
Ionic App Lib Version: 0.7.0
Gulp version: CLI version 3.9.1
Node Version: v5.10.0