Crosswalk Integration Beta in Ionic CLI (v1.3.2)

Did you found a solution to this?

Our project is currently still running on beta 13, and when I add crosswalk it installs correctly with no errors, but when I go to run android I get this error:

The provided path "/Users/nicholasschlax/sites/ionic-mobile-streaming/platforms/android" is not an Android project.

When I look in the platform folder I find that it’s deleted android. If I remove crosswalk and re-add the android platform everything seems to be fine.

I’m currently on CLI 1.3.2. Any ideas what this could be?

On a branch of our project that’s been updated to beta 14, I can add crosswalk and run it without any problems, but for a few different reasons, we need to stick with beta 13 for now.

Not yet … still searching tho :frowning:

This may be an issue with the plugin and cordova-android 4.0.

Cordova-android 4.0 isn’t released yet, but is need for crosswalk.
The cordova team is hoping to release it this month, so plugin managers will need to update their plugins to support the new version.

This goes the hand-in-hand with the splash screen needing to be update to work with 4.0 as well.

I got this error due to the com.synconset.imagepicker cordova plugin which had an empty entry in its plugin.xml file.

It seems lots of issues people are facing with Crosswalk + Ionic are really issues related to plugins not compatible with Cordova 4.0.

Please can you help me, I have updated Ionic CLI to 1.3.2 and still have the same problem

@sn0opr I found that the problem was the space character in the name of the folder "D:\Android Projects..."
I renamed the folder to "D:\AndroidProject" and now it’s working fine!

1 Like

Hi! I got this warnings:

:compileDebugJavawarning: org/chromium/net/NetError.class(org/chromium/net:NetError.class): major version 51 is newer than 50, the highest major version supported by this compiler.
It is recommended that the compiler be upgraded.
warning: org/xwalk/core/XWalkResourceClient.class(org/xwalk/core:XWalkResourceClient.class): major version 51 is newer than 50, the highest major version supported by this compiler.
warning: org/xwalk/core/XWalkView.class(org/xwalk/core:XWalkView.class): major version 51 is newer than 50, the highest major version supported by this compiler.
warning: org/xwalk/core/XWalkNavigationHistory.class(org/xwalk/core:XWalkNavigationHistory.class): major version 51 is newer than 50, the highest major version supported by this compiler.
warning: org/xwalk/core/XWalkNavigationItem.class(org/xwalk/core:XWalkNavigationItem.class): major version 51 is newer than 50, the highest major version supported by this compiler.
warning: org/xwalk/core/XWalkPreferences.class(org/xwalk/core:XWalkPreferences.class): major version 51 is newer than 50, the highest major version supported by this compiler.
warning: org/xwalk/core/XWalkUIClient.class(org/xwalk/core:XWalkUIClient.class): major version 51 is newer than 50, the highest major version supported by this compiler.
warning: org/xwalk/core/XWalkJavascriptResult.class(org/xwalk/core:XWalkJavascriptResult.class): major version 51 is newer than 50, the highest major version supported by this compiler.
warning: org/xwalk/core/XWalkUIClient$JavascriptMessageType.class(org/xwalk/core:XWalkUIClient$JavascriptMessageType.class): major version 51 is newer than 50, the highest major version supported by this compiler.
warning: org/xwalk/core/XWalkUIClient$LoadStatus.class(org/xwalk/core:XWalkUIClient$LoadStatus.class): major version 51 is newer than 50, the highest major version supported by this compiler.
warning: org/xwalk/core/JavascriptInterface.class(org/xwalk/core:JavascriptInterface.class): major version 51 is newer than 50, the highest major version supported by this compiler.
warning: org/xwalk/core/XWalkNavigationHistory$Direction.class(org/xwalk/core:XWalkNavigationHistory$Direction.class): major version 51 is newer than 50, the highest major version supported by this compiler.
Note: Some input files use or override a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
12 warnings

What shall I do to fix them?

UPD: solved it by installing a newer version of the JDK (1.8.0_25)

2 Likes

same issue for me : Manifest merger failed with multiple errors, see logs

Awesome work, team - worked flawlessly and performance is significantly better on my GS3 test device.

Are you sure you don’t have space character in the path of your project ?

[Update: removing crosswalk & android platform, then adding only crosswalk fixed this issue]

Using 1.3.2 with crosswalk@10.39.235.15, websockets doesn’t seem to be enabled:

0 652642 error LiveReload disabled because the browser does not seem to support web sockets

I also can’t connect with Chrome inspector, or to my database, or receive incoming connections.

I had the same problem:
F/chromium( 9154): [FATAL:gl_surface_android.cc(58)] Check failed: kGLImplementationNone != GetGLImplementation() (0 vs. 0)
F/libc ( 9154): Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV) at 0xdeadbaad (code=1), thread 9183 (Chrome_InProcGp)
I/DEBUG ( 790): *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** *** ***
I/DEBUG ( 790): Build fingerprint: ‘unknown’
…

and I fixed this by enabling “Use host GPU” setting in the AVD editor

When we can split the ARM an x86 apk files, how much you estimate that will be each file size?

Here is what i can see for my app:

Default Cordova App : 2Mo
CrossWalk (x86 only) App : 23Mo
CrossWalk (x86 + ARM) App : 37Mo

Hi,
can we later use hooks to copy libs to the android-folder something like “before_platform_add”, “after_prepare” -> “after_browser_add” etc?

Or should i put the android/libs in the engines-folder somewhere? and i have to change the build.gradle-file, so that the libs going to compile etc…

Hi @mhartington, since our crosswalk integration, our splashscreen is missing. Do you have any idea on how to re-implement it? Thanks a lot

As we have talked about before

This is a known issue. Cordova needs to update a few things first so until they update it, there’s not much we can do.

1 Like

Oh sorry for the double post, didn’t saw the answer there, thanks a lot.

1 Like