The Ionic CLI has Crosswalk integration and we need some testers!
##Current Version of the CLI 1.3.2
Installing the CLI
$ npm install -g ionic # or if your on osx $ sudo npm install -g ionic
Note, you must have the necessary tools to build and android project
Installing the Crosswalk Runtime
Create an ionic project and add the android platform
$ ionic start tmp && cd tmp $ ionic platform add android
Install the Crosswalk runtime for the project
$ ionic browser add crosswalk
This will do a few things.
- Fetch the Crosswalk runtime
- Convert the Android-Cordova project to use the Gradle Build System
- Build your project.
Crosswalk can removed two ways.
$ ionic browser revert android # or $ ionic browser remove crosswalk
Minimum Android SDK Version Needed - 19
Make sure you have the build tools for Android API level 19.
To install them:
- Run android from the command line
$ android # this will bring up the Android SDK Manager up.
Android SDK Build Toolsfor API level 19, and install.
To build separate APKs for x86 and arm7, use this command.
MUILD_MULTIPLE_APKS=true ionic run android
This will split out 2 binaries, one for x86 and one for arm7.
Please update your CLI.
- My plugin is throwing a bunch of errors and is no longer working.
- The chromium webview requires Cordova-Android 4.0, which is still in beta
While it is fairly stable, some APIs have change internally. Plugin managers
need to update their plugins when 4.0 is released.
What we’re working on for the next cli update.
- Beta/Canary builds of Crosswalk
- Building post 4.4. without Crosswalk