Checkbox label inside a modal not working with property binding

I’m having a weird behavior while using the new v7 ion-checkbox in a ion-modal where the label of the checkbox is not showing after the second open of the modal.

This is the steps my app is taking:

const modal = await this.modalController.create({
  SomeComponent,
  animated: true,
  componentProps,
  mode: 'ios',
  keyboardClose: true,
  backdropDismiss: true,
});
modal.present();

// some-componente.ts:
checkObjs: Array<...> = A_CONST.map((t) => ({ ...t, checked: false }));

// some-component.html:
<ion-item *ngFor="let check of checkObjs">
  <ion-checkbox labelPlacement="start" justify="space-between" [(ngModel)]="check.checked">{{ check.label | titlecase }}</ion-checkbox>
  <!-- <ion-checkbox labelPlacement="start" justify="space-between" [aria-label]="check.label | titlecase" [(ngModel)]="check.checked"></ion-checkbox> <- doesn't work either -->
</ion-item>

When I first open the modal everything works fine, but when I close and open it again the label is not shown and I get a warning: ion-checkbox now requires providing a label with either the default slot or the "aria-label" attribute. [...].

I tried the same using inline modals but got the same results. I also tried using ion-popover, same thing. Any thoughts? Or could this be a bug?

That’s probably related to this bug, which will be officially fixed in 7.0.3.

It is also already inlcluded in latest nightly build if you want to try it out already: Release v7.0.3-nightly.20230418 · ionic-team/ionic-framework · GitHub

This did fix it, thanks man.

I guess my search was too specific for me to find that Github issue.