Changing Navigation Stack content

Hi there,

hope you’re enjoying Ionic 4 like I do :slightly_smiling_face: But I found a question for you on my journey building a little store administration.

Pre-Story for the Question

It’s a page based (not tab based) app.

1. Starting simply on the “Homepage”

2. A click in sidemenu and navigating with
    this.navController.navigateForward('/search-products/0')
    to a products listing page

3. I got a list here now. Click on an item for an editing formular navigates to
    this.navController.navigateForward('/edit-product')

Now the excelent working pain: When I “save” the changes on the edit formular of the 3. step above, I needed to get back explicitly to ‘/search-products/1’. This is no problem, when the user clicks on save button and the event handler calls
this.navController.navigateBack('/search-products/1')
(please notice the difference of the first value)

The Problem

Everything nice and dandy :slight_smile: But … what, if the user pushs his back button on the phone or the back button in the app or even the browser when ionic serve-ing? Then I allthough needed to get “back” to '/search-products/1', but this navigation path was not in the above stack … It was navigating back to /search-products/0

The Question

How to do that? How to change the content on the navigation stack?

The workaround I used so far

This way I’m using works “excelente”, but it doesn’t feel or even seem to be the right way:

1. Again: Starting simply on the “Homepage”
  2. A click in sidemenu and navigating with
    this.navController.navigateForward('/search-products/0')
    to page

now the difference …

1. I got a list here now. Click on an item for an editing formular navigates to
      this.navController.pop().then(() => { // Going back to Homepage
        this.navController.navigateForward('/search-products/1').then(() => { // come back with other parameter
          this.navController.navigateForward('/edit-product').then(() => { // and NOW go to edit formular
            // do stuff here ...
          });
        });
      });

It looks really funny when the pages are changing quickly like an automated bot using the app, but … naaaaah … This is not the right way, I feel that. No other app was acting like this I’ve seen ever before, so … How do I solve this?

Thank you for any help and sorry for the novel I wrote …

Big kisses

How do you solve this behaviour?

When coming from the startpage the list page should act differently then from coming from the edit formular page. There must be an eleganter way … :smile: